Author Topic: what else can be done  (Read 22756 times)

Offline HAMMERIN101

what else can be done
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:58:42 am »
i bought an fj1200 for my car from a crashed bike.......i am going to put it in my 37 sedan and make sure it runs and shifts maybe make a race or 2 this season if i can get the car together in  time.....so far..i have install drive shaft coupler..check valve lash..it has a barnett clutch in it already using black box ignition..t has slotted cam gears...i got a crp coil mount and a set of carbs already set up for legends in my area..... removed the oil filter and installed the remote adapter..... installing a topend oiler. this week..what else cani do.. or should i do before installing it.....thanks

Doug Hawkins #101

Offline HAMMERIN101

Re: what else can be done
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 08:40:00 pm »
i guess nobody can think of anything else? lol
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 09:02:18 pm »
Put it in the car  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 09:39:54 pm »
Put it in the car  ;D
  thats the best idea yet lol.....thanks
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 11:02:56 pm »
put it in the front of the car  ;D  :P ::)

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 07:04:27 am »
even better!!!!    Jim failed to tell me which end it goes in !!   :D
Doug Hawkins #101

knoxracing

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 03:48:47 pm »
Install it and pump the compression. Do a leak down. These will help you know  where you are at now. These numbers will be helpfull down the road.

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 09:15:22 pm »
Install it and pump the compression. Do a leak down. These will help you know  where you are at now. These numbers will be helpfull down the road.
thanks Dennis........i did install it friday night.... got it running.... it runs good sounds strong doesnt smoke.i have issues with the carbs leaking out the over flow and vents... poured out at first then i cleaned them  it stopped for a day....they had some scaley rust under the seat above the sceeens ( probably from the old bike tank) my fuel cell is clean and new filter....now it only drips from one carb..i think i will try some new float needles and seats
Doug Hawkins #101

knoxracing

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2012, 09:36:49 pm »
The screens come out, the puck they are attached to has o=rings, they tend to dry and shrink. They can be purchased anywhere that sells o=rings. IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE THE CARBS AND CLEAN THEM THOROUGHLY. Set the float heights and install.

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2012, 10:18:42 pm »
The screens come out, the puck they are attached to has o=rings, they tend to dry and shrink. They can be purchased anywhere that sells o=rings. IF YOU ARE COMFORTABLE YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE THE CARBS AND CLEAN THEM THOROUGHLY. Set the float heights and install.
  the orings on the seats probably has srunk.they didnt seem to fit very tight when i had them out..the carbs are spotless other than the rust particles that were under the seats.i did disassemble and clean them really good.......there are 2 differerent needle and seats available.....one is for gravity.they other is for the newer fj with fuel pump.....from what i understand they can be interchanged.....should i use the ones for the fuel pump model..?   since our cars have fuel pump......not sure what year bike my carbs came from
Doug Hawkins #101

knoxracing

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 09:03:27 am »
You definetly want to make sure those carbs have been jetted properly for a legend car.  I am familiar with dyno-jet and red line needles. there are several clip positions on the needles, this is an important setting also.

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 11:06:57 am »
the orings on the seats probably has srunk.they didnt seem to fit very tight when i had them out..the carbs are spotless other than the rust particles that were under the seats.i did disassemble and clean them really good.......there are 2 differerent needle and seats available.....one is for gravity.they other is for the newer fj with fuel pump.....from what i understand they can be interchanged.....should i use the ones for the fuel pump model..?   since our cars have fuel pump......not sure what year bike my carbs came from

No needle needle seats cannot be interchanged. You must use the fuel pump seat with a fuel pump or they will leak.

Fuel Pump needle seat

Here is a carb kit that replaces every screw & o-ring in the carbs.

S/S screw & O-ring carb kit

Randy - RPM

Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 07:51:37 pm »
what i meant is you can put fuel pump needle and seats in the gravity feed carbs..the only difference is the hole in the seat is smaller in the feul pump seats

No needle needle seats cannot be interchanged. You must use the fuel pump seat with a fuel pump or they will leak.

Fuel Pump needle seat

Here is a carb kit that replaces every screw & o-ring in the carbs.
what
S/S screw & O-ring carb kit

Randy - RPM

what
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 08:15:38 pm »
Buy the kit from Randy.
Click on the "S/S screw & O-ring kit" link
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 08:25:09 pm »
Buy the kit from Randy.
Click on the "S/S screw & O-ring kit" link
not sure which seats were in my carbs   so i bought the 88-92 needle and seat kits   just to be sure
Doug Hawkins #101

anything