Author Topic: more enrty fees and pit passes  (Read 6885 times)

Offline jlowery

more enrty fees and pit passes
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:17:47 am »
  ok i got the summer shootout stuff but what are some entry fees and pit passes at say a normal track day not during the summer shootout

Offline IraceLegends77

Re: more enrty fees and pit passes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 03:53:05 pm »
ODS in Virginia is $35 for race day and $20 for practice. $35 is a little high but they pay back is not bad but the only charge $25 if you are a NASCAR guy. I asked why they charge us (INEX) more and they said because they have to buy have a license from NASCAR. I told them that we had to buy a license too. They told me it was because they were a NASCAR track. I asked them aren't you a INEX track also? They told me to be shut up........  ???
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 04:05:28 pm »
Most likely it's a higher sanctioning fee from Nascar...they get paid for anything with their name on it.
For example, Raceciever used to offer a scanner for fans that was the "Daytona" edition...was $5 more because they had to pay nascar $5 every time they sold one
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jlowery

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 05:00:40 pm »
so it cost much more to get in and run the shootout series is htis right

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 05:11:44 pm »
Correct
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline jlowery

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 05:18:27 pm »
well thats great to know was trying to decide between kart and bandos have done alot of reaserch but the summer shootout was makeing the bandos hard to go with but thats where i really want him

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 08:35:18 pm »
Lots of other tracks to race at other than Charlotte. Summer shootout series is a tough place to start.
Bandos ARE a good place to start. A step up from karts, but not throwing a kid into the more pwerful and heavy cars.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2012, 10:14:07 am »
If you are looking to get into Bandos, you should look at some of the smaller tracks in the area and check on their entry fees too.  We are in FL, but at our track Bando drivers pay nothing to race because they don't get a payout.  So a typical race day it costs me $30 for my pit pass and my son is free and we get three hours of practice on race day too.  On Thursday nights there is a $10 a person entry fee for practice, so costs me $20 when we go do that.

Also, entry fees are a very small piece of the puzzle if you are trying to decide between Karts and Bandos.  We came to Bandos from Quarter Midgets and our tire bill for a season of racing is about a tenth of what it was in Quarter Midgets.  From the friends I have in Kart racing, our Quarter Midget tire bills were a fraction of what they spent on tires to be competitive in Karts too.

The engine category really depends on what Karting class you are comparing it too.  The clone class is probably a little cheaper than a Bando over the course of a season, but the others are probably a little more expensive than a Bando.

Other parts are probably a wash between Karts and Bandos.  This category really comes down to teaching your kid to protect the car.

Depending on your approach to safety equipment in Karting, it could cost you quite  a bit more to outfit your driver to race a Bando than a Kart.  Karting doesn't require fireproof anything as far as I know and head and neck restraint systems are optional too.  That isn't the case in Bando racing, your driver needs to be fireproof from head to toe and they need an auto racing head and neck system.

Feel free to message me and I will share with you our expenses we incurred our first full season of Bando racing (2 drivers) compared to our last season with the same two drivers in Quarter Midgets.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

anything