BANDOLEROS > Drivetrain & Gearing

Chain Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

The Tank:

--- Quote from: mch46 on July 18, 2012, 11:01:01 pm ---You can run any #35 chain.  EK gold space chain is still the best.  Also, Horstman gears are far superior to the ones 600 sells.  Best lube is Chain Wax, sold at motorcycle shops.  Its better than oils, Triflow and all the rest. 
Mike Hudson

--- End quote ---
Thanks Mike, I thought the EK chain was the best when I used it. Wasnt sure if there was anything better than the EK chain out there now. What is a good brand chain wax?

justfreaky:
As Mike apparently pointed out; No... The chain is not madated by rules. The Xtreme chain is what USLC sells.
EK has a very good chain. Have one on my kart as well.
Thanks for the response Mike!

Steve

sfreitas20:
Not sure if you ran master links in Karts, but we did in Quarter Midgets before we moved to the Bandos found out pretty quickly they don't work with the Bandos.  The engine makes too much power so they just tear the master links apart.  We threw chains a couple times before we realized it and took the master links out.  We haven't had an issue since. 

We run in Florida where there is sand everywhere so keeping it from sticking to the chain lube is important to us.  We started using Fluid Film for our chain lube back in the Quarter Midgets because it was great at keeping the sand from the chain and we still use it now on the Bandos without any problems.

The Tank:

--- Quote from: sfreitas20 on July 19, 2012, 11:44:41 am ---Not sure if you ran master links in Karts, but we did in Quarter Midgets before we moved to the Bandos found out pretty quickly they don't work with the Bandos.  The engine makes too much power so they just tear the master links apart.  We threw chains a couple times before we realized it and took the master links out.  We haven't had an issue since. 

We run in Florida where there is sand everywhere so keeping it from sticking to the chain lube is important to us.  We started using Fluid Film for our chain lube back in the Quarter Midgets because it was great at keeping the sand from the chain and we still use it now on the Bandos without any problems.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info on the master link. Now that's ironic about the fluid film, I tried several penetrating oils on the chain before I finally stuck with fluid film. Never tried any wax though but I've heard lots of good things about it.

sfreitas20:
Fluid Film is the only lubrication we use anywhere on our Bandos and Minicup cars.  All the bearings, Heims and chains get FF only.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version