Author Topic: Member Vs. Non-Member  (Read 7732 times)

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
Member Vs. Non-Member
« on: June 07, 2012, 07:49:51 pm »
This has been a topic a lot of people in the tri-state area have been talking about recently due to some tracks not requiring Legends cars drivers to be an Inex Member. Many people have talking about the effects non-members have on the outcome of a members race. Along with that, they have been talking about how the non-member can not protest or be protested after a race. The last issue is how non-members effect member's national points, but I was told from Inex that any non-member listed in results would just be looked at as if they were not there. So if you finished 4th and there was a non-member in front of you, you would be 3rd in the results for Inex.

I personally think all Inex Sanctioned race tracks should require all drivers to be an Inex member.

What is your opinion on all this?

TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Member Vs. Non-Member
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 09:04:29 pm »
It would be nice to see all racers be members. Unfortunately, a lot of tracks allow non-members so that they can build a good car counts. Can't blame them for that; They are just trying to make money. From the racer standpoint, I understand your frustration. "IF" INEX is ignoring the non-members, then you should be ok as far as national points.

My .02 for what it's worth

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 10:48:59 pm »
Page 5 of the rulebook:

INEX MEMBERSHIPS (Member and Associate):
All competitors must have submitted an INEX application in order to be permitted to compete in any INEX-sanctioned event.

That says it all, no membership, no racing.

All fine and dandy Steve, but not being members, and not caring about points, they wont have to follow the rules either, and will affect people running for points. When you get wrecked by a non-member, it affects you
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 10:56:24 pm »
Point taken Jim

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 06:23:50 am »
If they are a sanction track then they should not allow them to race....period or allow them one week to correct the problem. I know that we run into "track rules" that sometimes that don't line up with INEX rules so that can get a little frustrating.
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline jmker60

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:46 am »
Unfortunately the track sets the rules, member or non-member as mentioned above the track wants the revenue.

This leaves INEX members some options:

1.) Boycott the track with all INEX members refusing to race with non-member competitors. This could result in the entire class being eliminated from the tracks schedule, or could get the message to the track that Legends do provide revenue as a result of the unity a national organization brings to the game.

2.) Just accept the situation and race with INEX adjusting the points when submitted.

Most would probably go with option #2, besides wrecked is wrecked, INEX membership doesn't protect anyone from causing a wreck or being wrecked. The results and the costs are the same regardless!

If anyone is wondering, I am a member and have been for over ten years.

knoxracing

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 09:31:26 am »
Most of you have never had the chance to read the sanctioning agreement. It clearly states that if a track is sanctioned they will require Inex lic. or the agreement is knull and void. ALSO ALSO, if a track allows NON MEMBERS to race and they are in an accident or a sanctioned member is hurt there culd be no coverage fro K&K because the agreement was violated. The track is setting themselves up for a huge law suit. I am not trying to be Mr. Inex, but this could cause serious issue. Inex and USLC made this series what it is today and it is really a unique deal and works pretty good. How many other series can you go almost anywhere and unload the car and race under the same rulebook? If you would like to privately e-mail me tracks that are not requiring Inex lic. I will follow up have Inex speak to them and help them understand the program a little better. Just trying to help!
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline legends13

• Northeast Legends
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 05:01:56 pm »
Dennis is absolutely correct. The only thing I would say on this, is that it would be nice if INEX would offer a 1 race temp license for say $25 or so. This way, if a guy wants to try running legends in a rental car or such, he can do that. I know several people that have ran 1 or 2 races without license, who then got a car and license. This would make it so points were given and insurance was covered.
Brad Salatino
Northeast Legends - Authorized USLC Dealer

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:43:37 pm »
The down side to that is that I have heard of tracks allowing non-members to run so they could build car counts.
A temp license is a good solution for someone that wants to try it out. SCCA charges added fees for non-members.
Perhaps a similar deal could work for INEX.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:04 pm »
Dennis is absolutely correct. The only thing I would say on this, is that it would be nice if INEX would offer a 1 race temp license for say $25 or so. This way, if a guy wants to try running legends in a rental car or such, he can do that. I know several people that have ran 1 or 2 races without license, who then got a car and license. This would make it so points were given and insurance was covered.

They do have a 1 race license for $50
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/