BANDOLEROS > Lubrication

Track Tac® Chili Oil

(1/4) > >>

Tom Cole:
Have any of you Bando racers tried this?  It is quickly becoming the rage in karting.  I don't know if your oil filter would effect it or not.  I'll ask Randy from Track Tac to check in.  I've started selling it and want to know if it may be something that will work in Bandos.

gramps05:
Have you tried it in the Legend car yet? Will it effect clutch operation?

Tom Cole:
I have not tried it yet in the legends.  I was told it won't negatively effect the wet clutch.   I want to play with it some first.  I have a Land and Sea computer controlled dyno for engines  like the Bando engine or a kart engine and was going to play with it in one of those cheap clone engines.

elimn8u_43:
Send me a free sample pack and I will try it for you ;D. I have never heard of it anywheres up here. If it is good and it works I would definately be interested in trying it in the Bando.

Geoff

Tom Cole:
I'd like Randy from TT to chime in on any potential interaction with the oil filter first.   I don't have any free samples right now.
On a 5HP flathead Briggs WKA "stocker" engine this stuff is said to make peak torque 300-500 RPM sooner in the RPM range and make peak HP 300-500 RPM higher in the RPM range.  Temperatures are from 20° to 40° cooler and it makes .2 more horsepower.  Randy told me that on a molecular level, the stuff looks like a string.  Shortly after running in the engine, the strings get rolled up into little balls and stay that way, acting like tiny ball bearings.
It comes in syringes of 2.5ml for $7 each or $6.50 for 10.   Each syringe is good for one oil change in a small engine.  A legengds would take a lot more, and probably could be cheaper if it was a larger, single syringe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version