Author Topic: High oil temps  (Read 12692 times)

Offline faster12

Re: High oil temps
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 12:57:53 am »
Thats the conclusion i had came up with. Where could I order the fitting for the pan online with my iPhone I'm not gonna be able to call and order one Untill next Sunday and would like to have it waiting for me when I get home. Also if I want to add a top end oiler  would I just get another cooler with more fittings and run it off the high psi system?

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 01:19:23 am »
I have -6 oil pan fittings. If you search oil pan fitting, you will find them.

www.RPMracingCa.com

I can post direct link tomorrow.

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline faster12

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 04:53:21 pm »
Ok I've got on your site and added everything i need to my cart but talking with someone today  they told me that some people block off the oil galleys to the head when they add an external oil source to the head. I don't believe that this has been done considering the way the top end oiler was rigged to begin with but I still would like to check and make sure that this hasn't been done before I swap  it around the oil lines and  burn up my top end does anyone have any suggestions?

Offline srxboy

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »
The reason for the top end oiled is to add more oil to the top end and help lube the cams at high rpms, why would you want to block off the original oil feeds?

Offline faster12

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 02:13:21 am »
He said that when people add the top end oiler they block it off to give the crankshaft more oil since the cams are getting oiled from the external oiler. Im almost a 100% positive that my car isnt done like this but I'd like to check and make sure before I  cut the oil supply from the valve cover and run it back to the pan. I guess I could remove the valve cover and if the top end is still getting oil I should be good. I'm just trying to make sure I don't screw up something really bad trying to fix a problem.

Offline faster12

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2012, 12:20:08 am »
Hey guys I just wanted to fallow up on my post.
I've rerouted the oiling system on my car and now the low psi side run out from the pan to the cooler and back to the pan. I haven't got to run the car yet due to my dirt schedule but with the car idling it seemed to stay a lot cooler a lot longer with the new set up.
Here are a couple of pics of what was on the car incase anyone else runs into something like this in the future. I hope they upload lol

Offline faster12

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2012, 02:40:17 pm »
Honestly I couldn't tell you where the sending unit is I'd have to look but it is probably on the lower half of the engine. I took the valve cover off and spun the engine over after I made the changes to insure the head was still getting oil from the bottom end and was very surprised at how fast and how much oil came to the top end. From looking at the banjo fittings that were on the valve over there was very little if any room for the oil to pass thru into the engine and that had to be restricting oil flow and causing a rise in temps. I'm still planning on adding a top end oiler to insure the heads getting all the oil it needs as soon as i get the extra cash. most likely it will be the one vms sales. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't it run from the bottom of the engine to the head?