Author Topic: Cheating  (Read 24674 times)

jon8j

Re: Cheating
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2007, 09:38:06 am »
 I've met Mr. Stewart and he talks a good game.  He assured me that due to variances in shocks coming from Bilstein INEX could not police (catch) his modifications.  So I recently to eight shocks to a friend with a dyno.    No intention of internally modifying them, but we were hoping to be able to taylor the bump / rebound to each corner.  Unfortunately for us (individual team looking for an advantage) but right in line with INEX's desire to limit shock spending, the variance across eight tests was very minimal.  Therefore, whenever  Mr. INEX inspector wishes and has the capacity to dyno a suspect shock, it should be immediately apparent which one has been "under the knife."   
We didn't race much at AMS this year, but I've been told that they did seize and test shocks a couple of times.  I have to admit that for once I was pleased that an INEX mandated piece of equipment did live up to it's claim of reducing spending. 

But I'm still ticked about the changes coming this year!
JB

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 10:46:26 pm »
Well that's good news.  To be honest, just starting out as I am, I'm glad to have so few choices available to me.  It means there is no need to go and spend a whack of money on upgrades and cheats to stay competitive. 

The changes proposed for this coming season result in the replacement of one spindle for me.  The safety related rule changes were already in place at our local track, and I'm glad they were.  I want to race for fun.  I have no problem making it more fun by winning, but I want to be able to walk away from any accident I may get into.  It's not that big of an expenditure to me to keep a little safer.

Mike

I kinda figured that the shock guys are blowing a bit of wind.  If you can change it enough to make a difference in your handling, how could it not be detectable?
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

EDavis

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2007, 11:17:19 pm »
If you can change it enough to make a difference in your handling, how could it not be detectable?

It's probably one of those loophole assurances. One where its undetectable by looking at it, but if it gets dyno'ed you're on your own.

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:54 pm »
His shocks work great, dropped 3/10s  off  a track I had problems with, the car stayed planted off the corners and no tire spin off the corner made a huge difference, I say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying INEX  will never be able to police this, they are using scare tactics only. Next ...traction control.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:40 am »
His shocks work great, dropped 3/10s  off  a track I had problems with, the car stayed planted off the corners and no tire spin off the corner made a huge difference, I say if you aren't cheating you aren't trying INEX  will never be able to police this, they are using scare tactics only. Next ...traction control.

Once again, we don't need people like you in this class of racing. Have you heard of the SCCA? Its a little group of racers that used to be 10X bigger until all the cheaters wrecked it with their $15,000 "spec" Miata motors and so on. I would love to  see you try your skills on the dirt someday up here. This is one of the last real racers classes out there, I sure hope you're in the minority like I think you are. Enjoy your Cheater shocks and Traction control, Im sure you'll feel great still getting your ass handed to you by a decent driver
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 10:31:20 pm »
VMS I was joking ...it's called being sarcastic get a grip. And leave my ass out of it .

Mike.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 10:35:27 pm »
I can't get a grip, I race on dirt with stock shocks...It's obvious by your previous posts that you are not as squeaky clean as you are trying to make yourself out to be since someone has now busted you. There was no sarcasm in this post. Period. I have been PM'd by numerous others, pointing out other posts you have made, including in the fj vs xj post where you tell him to just buy a new motor and have his builder build it and cheat because thats what everyone else does (I'll admit I even thought that was sarcasm, until I saw your post in the 1250 head for sale thread asking if he still had an intact seal).

There is no room in this class for cheaters, at least not in my book.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline MegaMang

• Fits me like a glove. A very snug glove!
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2007, 06:57:38 pm »
I have to say that I don't like to see cheating of any kind.  If we all keep to the rules, we know that we are racing by our skills and the condition we've kept our cars in.  If I need to cheat to get 3/10 faster, then I wasn't good enough to get there on my own. 

If we all resist cheating, then we can all easily afford to race.  Once you start cheating, and accepting cheating as the norm, the cost of racing can only go up dramatically.  If you're not good enough to win on your own, you're not good enough at all!

Mike
If it isn't fun, why are you doing it?

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 01:09:11 pm »
VM is obvious that you don't know much about Legends, read he post after mine...this is what I was getting after, my point was how can you sell a 1250 head when the engine is supposed to be sealed and only be opened up by an approved builder, as for my post on 1200 vs 1250 it was pure sarcasm, there are so many big 1250's out there and that was my point you are right cheating sucks but it is out there, and no I have never cheated in a Legend event, I never even won one, I guess I need to temper my coments so guys like you wont get the panties tied in a knot, Have a great Holiday, ....really.

Mike.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 01:23:05 pm »
If you quack like a duck, and act like a duck, people will think you are a duck, panties or not. We agree on two things, cheating sucks, and have a great Holiday. As far as my knowledge of the cars, Im not sure how its obvious that I have none because I dont brag about pretending to cheat...? ???
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline qweedqwag

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 01:36:43 pm »
No it was your comment about my comment on the sale of the 1250 head they are sealed and not supposed to be removed by the owner just an approved builder (unless your cheating) LOL , I figured that was pretty common knowledge...guess not.. I was howvwer shocked the guy was openly selling it cause you can only get new seals from an INEX inspector or an approved engine builder. Anyway your point is taken.

Have a good one.

Mike.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 01:40:11 pm »
I guess when my 8 race old SEALED top of the line motor broke the crank and damaged the cases I should do nothing with it.  It was cheaper with shipping to by a NEW one, so trying to recover some cash is wrong@#%@%.  Or just make a planter out of the thing!!.  I own the motor not 600! , you can use the parts just send them to a builder for install and seal.

If 600 wants us to give them the broken parts and all the other parts of a motor that is good maybe they should lease us the motors,  OH they want make as much $$$

I installed a new OPEN motor no need for the parts off a LEGAL sealed motor..
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 02:09:24 pm »
Dave...calm down...I have no problem with you selling your parts, although that would be a really cool planter ;D
Mike...Sorry if I took everything you've ever said literally ;D

Guess we're all a little punchy in the offseason!

Lets all have a super Christmas and twiddle our thumbs for the next 5 freaking months until the snow covered tracks thaw!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline thunder938

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 03:21:19 pm »
Just that calling someone a cheater, even in joking, can stick to thier name.   Please dont imply that about me, or anyone, without cause..

Thanks,
Dave

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 04:30:33 pm »
Dave,
I never said anything about you...check the posts, I have no problem with you selling your parts.

As for calling someone a cheater, when someone says they cheat in their posts, Im not calling them anything, He said he was a cheater, not me!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

anything