LEGENDS > General

Cheating

(1/6) > >>

JGRacing:
Not sure if anyone else has seen this on racingjunk.com, but there is one person selling a traction control device for legends cars and another company that re-valves the sealed shocks.  One thing that really ticks me off are companies that so openly will help you cheat.  They are just leaches that suck the life out of a series.  Things like this mess up racing for the people who can't spend thousands on hidden traction control devices or cheated up shocks.  Davis Technologies that makes a lot of the traction control devices is here in my area and I've seen a few local dirt cars from some pretty successful drivers doing things on the track that are pretty suspicious.

Any thoughts on how to keep this stuff out of legends cars?  Does anyone have any advice for officials or competitors on what to watch for?  Has 600 Racing ever taken any legal action against any of these companies (it might be hard to do, but could at least cost the cheater companies a lot in legal fees)?  This kind of stuff is one reason I am getting out of modifieds.         

justfreaky:
 John,

You did notice that the catagory is Dwarf/Legends. There is a lot of that stuff that is legal in Dwarf Car racing.  Also, there are some of us who are using our cars in organizations other than INEX.

Just my .o2 worth

Steve

JGRacing:
Didn't mean to sould like I am going off on people using things like this in classes where they are legal.  In these adds they are advertising them for legends cars and the shock add even says "with out any external indication of tampering".  If someone is using re-valved shocks or using traction control in a class where it is legal, they shouldn't need to be making these things hidden.  The hidden traction control stuff is really expensive and gives people a huge advantage when they can get away with it.  I just want to see how we can keep this stuff out of classes like legends cars. 

justfreaky:
 There is always going to be a small percentage of people who will bend the rules. I think that we have to have faith in the tech inspectors and the grievence process. I think you will find most people are like you and me; racing on a budget, and having fun doing what we like to do.

Steve

PS,
 I got out of mods, years ago, for the same reasons.

jon8j:
Traction Control?!  Revalved Shocks!?!?!  Where can I find some of that?  Man, we could do some winnin' then!!!  Just funnin'.  Yep, we see some here and there that seem suspicious.  But I lecture my son that we're fast enough to win almost everywhere we've gone this year -  if you could take out the "stupid factor".  Shoot, let's just concentrate on going as fast as we can and beat 'em anyway.  And besides, I'd be absolutely humiliated to have my name in the "Penalty Box" in the 600 mag.
Jon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version