Author Topic: 2 Bar / 4Bar  (Read 14036 times)

Offline Team-X

2 Bar / 4Bar
« on: February 18, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »
HI  I"M NEW HERE I HAD A LEGEND BACK IN THE MID 90. ME AND MY SON ARE LOOKING FOR 2 CARS I HAVE LOOKING AT CARS BUT THEY SAY THEY ARE 2 BAR OR ARE 4 BAR  SO WITH THAT SAID CAN SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT THE DIFFRENCE IS OR SHOW ME WITH PICTURES THANK YOU BOB

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
Re: 2 Bar / 4Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 03:25:24 pm »
4 bar cars have 2 bars that come down by the rear window, 2 bar cars are open in the back.  They say 2 bar cars are lighter and flex a bit more, but couldn't tell you if thats true.  The picture of the coupe is a 4 bar car and the picture of the sedan is a 2 bar car

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 04:00:44 pm »
Thanks for that. Even thought I have read what the difference, your pictures and explaination brought to the fore front me.

Thanks,
Robert

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 07:38:03 am »
The cars dont flex any difference, but the 4 bar chassis is stronger around your head and thus safer.  I would never get a 2 bar chassis because I have a feeling that the 2 bar will some day be illegal.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2012, 05:02:19 pm »
The cars dont flex any difference, but the 4 bar chassis is stronger around your head and thus safer.  I would never get a 2 bar chassis because I have a feeling that the 2 bar will some day be illegal.

Wasn't sure about the flexing, its just something that i heard about them. 

Dan

Offline Team-X

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »
THANKS TO EVERY ONE FOR THE INPUT I  WILL BE LOOKING AT A HAND FULL OF 4 BAR CARS I WILL BE HAVE THE CARS BUY THE END OF THE MONTH THANKS TO ALL BOB

Offline phylzub02

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 03:04:01 pm »
Only early 2 bar cars are illegal because they used smaller tubing you can call 600 with your serial number and the can instantly tell you if its legal. You can race an out of date 2 bar cars anywhere but at big inex races. I took my 2 bar to nationals last year and we thought we might have to go home but it had a high enough serial number. All coupes are 4 bar cars and if you get a sadan you WANT a 2 bar if you dont belive me go to nationals and look at what sadans finish higher in my opinion 4 bar sadans are slow and 2 bars are very sought after.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 06:20:17 pm »
Only early 2 bar cars are illegal because they used smaller tubing you can call 600 with your serial number and the can instantly tell you if its legal. You can race an out of date 2 bar cars anywhere but at big inex races. I took my 2 bar to nationals last year and we thought we might have to go home but it had a high enough serial number. All coupes are 4 bar cars and if you get a sadan you WANT a 2 bar if you dont belive me go to nationals and look at what sadans finish higher in my opinion 4 bar sadans are slow and 2 bars are very sought after.

I have to respectfully disagree, at least on the dirt.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Racinjj

• Steenbergen Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 10:32:34 am »

Their isnt much of a difference in flex between the two bar and four bar chassis.  I think most people would be surprised by the number of aftermarket chassis that are either chromoly or built entirely with light weight tubing.  I have never built a lightweight chassis but I have been approached to do things like that.
www.JeffSteenbergen.com

Racecar spelled backwards is racecar. Racecar upside down is expensive.

Offline AKRACER

• speed
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:00 pm »
im shocked or well not shocked to know that there are lighter weight chassis out there i saw an add on ebay for one car with a chassis that the top half was made out of ch/moly  to save weight.

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 09:47:56 pm »
I'm shocked to think that racers would cheat too!!!! Now I'm done with my sarcastic remarks for the day.  ;D
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything