Author Topic: Strange wiring  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Legend79

Strange wiring
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:49:21 pm »
I'm re cabling my legend car as the loom on it seems well over the top! I have got a basic wiring diagram from loosenuts website and it seems easy to follow, there are some things on the car though I'm not sure I should be removing? There is a ceramic block installed by the cut off switch which is connect to the frame and the closed contacts on the switch when it is off, it's not connected to anything else, and for some reason the alternator is connected to the closed side of the switch in the on position so the cable loops back and forth up n down the car, surely the positive on the battery only needs to run through the cutoff switch?

Offline Legendracr77

Re: Strange wiring
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 05:59:10 pm »
I have wired and re wired a legend more times than i can count. I have never seen someone do that and I have seen some goofy things. If it were me I would wire it the way the diagram shows you to be on the safe side. It also depends on if you want the main cutoff switch still installed or not. If you do I would wire it this way. Go straight from the positive terminal to the switch. Then from the other side of the switch to the solenoid. that way it will cut off all power.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 07:35:08 pm »
You will find all kinds of fun stuff.
When I re-wired my first car, I removed over 2 pounds of excess wire, tape, and the junction box.
That is a good wiring diagram to work off of
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legend79

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 02:52:22 am »
That's good to hear, I'm just gonna take every out and wire exactly as that diagram, I think I remove about 70 cable ties last night! I'm running a 1200 engine with the black ignition box and the vacuum module, the vacuum isn't connected as I believe this slows you up? Can I remove the wiring and the vacuum box or does the big box of tricks need to see it for everything to work properly?

Offline Legend79

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 02:53:56 am »
We have to have a cut off switch on the cars here, not allowed to run without them

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:32 am »
Yep, just eliminate the vacuum module and wiring, it is an emissions piece
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legend79

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 12:09:19 pm »
Thanks for the help again

Offline jjdoyle

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 09:31:36 pm »
Simple wiring, with option to run two top engine fans and oil cooler fan if desired. No Gauges

anything