Author Topic: Need to stop overworking right rear(Dave, Steve, Jim??)  (Read 7058 times)

Offline keadams

Need to stop overworking right rear(Dave, Steve, Jim??)
« on: July 10, 2011, 08:04:48 am »
Guys,
I am running a 1/4 mile oval with tight corners and decent banking. The car is super fast for 5-7 laps and then it just starts to slide off the right rear. If a caution comes out my son can drive on the cooler part of the track and let the tires cool donw and then she is good again for 5-7 laps before she starts sliding. I will be glad to PM you guys my numbers and let me tell you what you think I should do. Let me know.
Thank,
Slim

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Need to stop overworking right rear(Dave, Steve, Jim??)
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:15:39 am »
First thought is to go down a pound in the right rear at the start. Could be building pressure to the point of unsettling the car.
Better to start off with 5-7 bad laps and have the car come to you, than to start off well and lose it in my opinion
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 10:24:22 am »
Send me your set up info and I will help you,  please include spring package, cross weight, wheel base, caster camber,tire pressure. etc.

Offline slack11

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:36:00 pm »
Just a thought, are you sure your rear end is square....  My car did this exact same thing for 4 weeks and we kept chasing it....  Come to find out the rear was 1/2" out of square.....fixed that and made a world of difference.  I think the rear tires could only keep up with each other for about 5-7 laps, then it went real, real loose....

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 12:26:30 am »
I've been fighting that same problem.  I know the rears square (i always check it every week)  and i've tried taking a pound out of the right rear.  It sometimes helps a little but doesn't seem to help alot, i do wonder however if loosening it up getting into the corner might help it off?

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:50 am »
Depends on your definition of "overworking"
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:40:09 pm »
It is a little hard to help fix your issue without more info. The biggest thing  i CAN SAY TO YOU GUYS RUNNING  ASPHALT ON FEDS IS- LOWER YOUR CROSS WEIGHT. 45%

Offline RickyBobby

• JM Motorsports
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 03:49:11 pm »
have to agree with Denis.  Our home track was 50.5 cross and with the federals we are down to 46.