Author Topic: Bando Setup  (Read 7531 times)

Offline Billy13

Bando Setup
« on: December 11, 2011, 10:00:40 pm »
New to the Bandos this year, went to a practice session Saturday and my son hit the wall pretty hard.  Broke or bent everything in the right front, the rear axle looked like a Bow, and bent the rear bars that the bumper bolts to.  Got it all back together but now have no clue what the setup is on it.  Also have no clue how to do half the setup changes on them.  We are coming over from karts.  Where can I get information on working on Bandoleros.  I was looking at the Bando 101 book but looks like a lot of it I don't need, only really need the setup information.

Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
Re: Bando Setup
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »
Sorry to hear about the crack-up. The best place to get setup information would be from other families at the tracks you race... if they are willing to share. Setup is very track specific. Will you guys be at one track, or several?

Offline Billy13

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 10:20:42 pm »
Mainly 1 track don't know many people there.  I have some notes that came with the car I guess I will look over.  The 2 radius rods running up and down on the front suspension.  Is that used just to adjust ride height? or do they adjust something else?
Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing

Offline billypotts

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 12:45:05 pm »
Those two bars you make reference of on the front of the car's suspension are used to adjust camber.

Offline mch46

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 10:22:18 pm »
Actually, they are supports for the lower control arm.  If you use them to adjust ride hts, it also changes your camber, then you'll need to reset the camber with the heims.  If you use them to adjust camber, it also changes your ride hts.  Also, they won't do anything unless you loosen the two bolts that hold the LCA to the frame.   Simply put, don't use the RR to make any adjustments.  Set your camber with the heims and set ride hts by moving the spindle washers, just like with your kart.  This way, you can adjust ride hts without changing the camber.

anything