Author Topic: Race schools  (Read 8499 times)

Offline Kerry 2

Race schools
« on: December 31, 2011, 03:15:15 pm »
I am new to Legends racing... can anyone recommend a good race schools for legends cars?

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
Re: Race schools
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:25:31 pm »
were are you located

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »
Do you have a car yet, or do you want to do an arrive and drive to try it out first?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Kerry 2

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 04:30:16 pm »
I am located in Saskatchewan, Canada. I am open to travelling anywhere in the USA for a good school and some good Legends training.

Offline Kerry 2

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
I purchased a car in the fall and went out and ran 30 test laps. Then ran the last fall local race...... I was a complete blast so I just want to learn more about it so that I can compete!

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 09:54:28 pm »
Legend cars are a blast to drive, biggest thing i've found that helps is seat time, the more you get the more comfortable you get the faster you'll get

Dan
www.winterracing.net

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 11:49:25 am »
There are no true "driving schools" that I am aware of that are Legends specific.
Some may not agree with me, but I don't consider an 8 hour session a driving school.

A.I.S. (ass in seat)
It's the best way to get to know your car.
Also tear it down to a bare frame and rebuild it this winter. You will learn alot about the mechanics of it.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2012, 12:49:45 pm »
We are now offering Demo Drives and a basic "101" school for Legends and Bandoleros in Lake Havasu City, AZ.  We Havasu 95 Speedway, a 1/4 mile banked,  paved track.  

Our legend Demo Drive is 10 laps, $75.00
Our 101 school consists of 3 classroom sessions each followed by a 20 lap on track run $595.00
Additional laps are available at a reasonable cost.
This school will not prepare you to win the main your first time out, but will give you basic knowledge of the car, and driving experience.  The course is tailored to the level of the student(s).  

Our Bando Demo Drive is also 10 laps, $60.00
Our 101 school consists of 3 classroom sessions each followed by a 20 lap on track run $495.00
Additional laps are available at a reasonable cost.
This school will allow most young drivers to compete safely.  We cover car basics, safety, flags, braking drills, caution and red flag procedures, starts and re-starts, driving line, track etiquette and  many other subjects.
Some time is spent with parents of young drivers discussing what to expect and how to best support young drivers.

For more information, call me anytime,
Ed Niquette
928-486-7740
http://www.bandostuff.com

For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline Kerry 2

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2012, 08:55:17 pm »
Thanks guys...... I am learning lots of stuff just from reading on this forum. I am in the process of squaring the rear end on the car. What is the best point on the frame to use as a squaring point?  I have not taken the engine out.... is it a benefit to take it our or leave it in? And I am heading to Vegas in the next two weeks so I think I will head to Havasu and have some fun while I learn more basics.

Offline thunder938

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2012, 09:16:55 pm »
Dave

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 07:56:15 am »
Hey Kerry while your out at Vegas go by and visit the guys at USLC west. Joe and the boys are a bunch of nice guys and you can pick there brain also. Just a thought 
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

anything