Author Topic: How You Doing? 2012  (Read 178425 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Lochner Racing

• #23t Lochner Photography Ford
    • Lochner Racing
Re: How You Doing? 2012
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2012, 03:59:50 pm »
Thanks for putting the links all in one post, I saw those last night after a quick search (except the one with the 15 year old without any help from his parents.) All good info! Im in the process of getting a new, better paying, more hours job right now so hopefully I will be able to get a car sooner than I was planning on it! Ive also decided on the $500 test drive/school, I think I will be fine around other drivers, I just need to make sure I get used to the throttle and brake fast. I will have my gopro with me so I will share the video with everyone after that :) Yall can pick my driving apart to yalls hearts content! haha

I also just found a graphics shop that I will try to be getting in touch with soon, hopefully I will have my second sponsor here soon! If not I will keep on going, my need for speed isnt being fulfilled in go karts!
William Lochner                Lochner Racing
'37 Ford Sedan                    http://lochnerracing.weebly.com/

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2012, 04:42:13 pm »
I'm sure there will be plenty of instruction to go along with the laps.
Look forward to seeing your video.

Enjoy!

Steve

Offline ethan54

« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2012, 04:42:49 am »
Thanks guys, yes i was able to carry over the success from nationals last year and started the year off with a heat/feature win at Beaver Dam. No races this weekend but we get into the weekly ordeal starting next week with a double header at Manty/Beaver Dam.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2012, 12:22:12 am »
First night out.
Got wrecked and flipped by a  sprint car driver.
Will asess the damage tomorrow if the blurry vision and headache goes away.

Hopefully DJ has video, same guy took him out too
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2012, 12:32:14 am »
Gartner Motorsports (via facebook):

"was in the top 3.. and top 5 the whole feature. tangled with a car on the last lap. got 7th."

Hough68Racing (via facebook):

Broke a bolt in the rear end, cutting testing short.

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2012, 04:15:48 am »
Jim,

My mom might, have video. They have video of him dumping me in turn 3 but Jerry said the track had a rut.

I kindly responded with, I took that line the previous 17 laps with no rut. I showed him my left rear fender with the tire skid mark.

Then he changed his wording and said I was spinning out then the 2p hit me.

Total BS. Call it like it is, the 'sprint car' driver was in over his head or just a hired gun for Mueller's gang.

Couldn't even ask the dude what happen before Kimmy tried to push me away...yeah that's a problem that the track and inex will hear about even though I doubt anything will be done about it. Lol

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2012, 04:34:54 am »
First night out.
Got wrecked and flipped by a  sprint car driver.
Will asess the damage tomorrow if the blurry vision and headache goes away.

Hopefully DJ has video, same guy  took him out too
   ROBBIE PRIBNOW ?

Does INEX even care if he's not licensed?? They should if he's not

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »
If we don't need a license, I would like a refund. When Chris drove my car one night in 2010 he had to buy a 1 night license for $50 at the track before they let him on to the racing surface.

Oh well.
Havent had a chance to look at the car, just got back from the hospital.
Concussion, re-injured my right foot, and bruised collarbones, so I'm back on bedrest, won't be racing tonight, but I will be back next weekend with alot of duct tape, aluminum, and poprivets holding the shredded body together.

Anyone have results from Manitowoc last night?
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2012, 01:42:39 pm »
INEX 2012 Rulebook, Page 5

All competitors must have submitted an INEX application in order to be permitted to compete in any INEX-sanctioned event.  In order to receive points for competing, each competitor must have been issued a valid INEX membership car and/or INEX member number.  Without a membership card in their possession, that competitor may be denid participation in that INEX sanctiioned event, unless they received prior approval directly from INEX or when they sign up at the event.   If a membership card is lost, please contact INEX immediately and a replacement card will be issued for a fee of $10.  

So unless the driver in question either had a membership submitted or lost his license and could prove either, he should have not been allowed to compete by the INEX paid inspector.  At 11 cars for car count, so what is there is one less car.  The first thing the INEX inspector needs to do at the beginning of the season is ask if the driver has a current INEX licencse.  I'm sorry, but the previous asphalt inspectors at Madison did this quite often.  If  this stuff is allowed to continue to happen, pretty soon there will be only 6 cars.  INEX needs to get involved in this one and do something about before it's too late.   ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Hoopyboy

« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2012, 03:49:48 pm »
 It has gone on around here for a decade. Most tracks would rather have the car count and don't give a rat's butt if you have a license or not. In reality, all you lose by not having a license around here is INEX points. You still get track points. I could write a book on all the times I been taken out by an un-licensed racer turned loose on the track in a Legends car (to see if they like them or not) in the past decade. Hurts when you be runnin for national points, that is for sure. INEX or USLC has never done anything about it in the past. Basically it is the local dealer's call and or agreements with the local tracks that allow non-licensed drivers to race among licensed racers

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »
Thanks for the explaination, however, Wisconsin does not have a dealer and that's where a lot of the problems lie. The track raced at last night where Jim crashed was at Manitowoc,  first time INEX Legends have run there in a while .  Legends class that night was being run by other track management from Beaver Dam,  including  INEX inspector.   Driver who brought four cars to the track(which is appreciated and great for our class) supplied the car to the driver in question and is husband to General Manager of Beaver Dam track.  I think you can connect the dots from there ::)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »
To clear things up ALL of Mike's drivers had INEX license. Mike told me after the races that they went out and bought all those guys license so that there wouldnt be drama because they will be racing with us at outside shows. I'm not taking sides at all just want to let you guys know.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2012, 09:43:04 pm »
I knew Brody had a license, but someone in the pits was told that Pribnow "didn't need one".
I have also been told today that Pribnow does indeed have a license, which I find interesting since they didn't even know he was going to race until Friday afternoon...car didn't even have numbers on it when they got to the track.

Oh well, that was then, guess we will see how things go next time.
I will assume it was a one night car control issue, and leave it at that until proven otherwise

Movin on...
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2012, 10:17:42 pm »
Did they show you their INEX card Brandon?

They probably all do have licenses but the bias that goes on is frustrating. I wish we had an INEX inspector that doesn't travel with Muellers or works for BD Raceway. I dont see that happening though.

I'm thinking of switching  my number to a #2 the rest of the year so I can drive over everyone and have nothing done about it. lol

Oh yeah Brandon let me know if you are selling any of your wheels

anything