Author Topic: How You Doing? 2012  (Read 143306 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2012
« Reply #315 on: September 08, 2012, 11:29:42 pm »
CONGRATULATIONS Dan!!!

Your progress has been a little slow this year, but you have been learning a lot and getting good seat time.
Know the season is winding down... But looking forward to better results for next year.

All my best to you!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #316 on: September 08, 2012, 11:38:21 pm »
put the engine in last night and fired it up.sounds good!!!!      carbs are peeing but other that it ran good!!!!   now for some dirt tires...lol

Think I would figure out why the carbs are "peeing" before you invest in tires. Tires won't do you much good while your car is on fire.

Seriously; Don't think you have a huge problem, but I would resolve it before putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
Check float levels, make sure vents are clear, etc... before moving on.

Steve
lol well fixing the carbs first was a given....probably just need some new float vlaves carbs have been sitttin but were clean

Just saying that the carb "peeing" problem is an issue that needs to be addressed. Buy your tires as you can afford to.
Happy to hear that you got your car and things are comming along! For safety sake, just please slow down and do it right.
Next season is going to be your big trials period. Want to see you make a good showing.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #317 on: September 09, 2012, 12:04:56 am »
Ethan Ross update:

Says he is doing well. Things seem to be going well with his rehab. May be out of his brace sooner than expected. Doctor visit went well this week.
Our thoughts and prayers are still with him, as he still has a ways to go yet. He has a very positive attitude. That is always a plus!

Steve

Offline HAMMERIN101

« Reply #318 on: September 09, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »
put the engine in last night and fired it up.sounds good!!!!      carbs are peeing but other that it ran good!!!!   now for some dirt tires...lol

Think I would figure out why the carbs are "peeing" before you invest in tires. Tires won't do you much good while your car is on fire.

Seriously; Don't think you have a huge problem, but I would resolve it before putting yourself in a potentially dangerous situation.
Check float levels, make sure vents are clear, etc... before moving on.

Steve
lol well fixing the carbs first was a given....probably just need some new float vlaves carbs have been sitttin but were clean

Just saying that the carb "peeing" problem is an issue that needs to be addressed. Buy your tires as you can afford to.
Happy to hear that you got your car and things are comming along! For safety sake, just please slow down and do it right.
Next season is going to be your big trials period. Want to see you make a good showing.

Steve      i  pulled the carbs and cleaned them....no leaks now!!!    no fires Steve lol
Doug Hawkins #101

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #319 on: September 09, 2012, 09:01:19 pm »
Thank You Doug. That makes me feel much better.
 ;)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #320 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:19 pm »
Picking up my trailer tomorrow. Had to settle for a flatbed rather than an enclosed or truck. Had to do what budget could afford.
Upside; At least now I can get the car moved where I need to move it.  Welding shop is my next stop. Possible sponsor???

Steve

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #321 on: September 17, 2012, 09:27:52 am »
I finished the year at my home track Saturday night. I qualified 11th (still suck at it) and made it up to 4th. At the line I got beside my teammate for 3rd but could beat him to the line. I finished tied for 4th in points with my other teammate but he will get 4th because of a win he had. All in all, we had a great year with 13 starts and 13 top tens and 3 top fives and no DNF's. I'm looking at running one more race before the year is up and then get ready for the winter nationals in Florida.

Scott #77
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #322 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:09 am »
Nice job Scott, the tar suits you well  ;)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #323 on: September 18, 2012, 09:34:52 pm »
Congratulations Scott!

Steve

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #324 on: September 23, 2012, 10:15:24 pm »
Raced the invitational at NHMS Saturday night.  We raced in front of a nice size crowd and i was able to turn my best lap times there all year.  Started the feature in 8th and ended up 4th.  We've only got a few races remaining this year, i'm not looking forward to the long 6 month off season.

Dan

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2012, 06:21:56 am »
Good job Dan. I'll have to watch the video.
Congratulations on your 4th place finish!

Steve

Offline north pole racer

« Reply #326 on: September 24, 2012, 07:56:29 pm »
Raced the invitational at NHMS Saturday night.  We raced in front of a nice size crowd and i was able to turn my best lap times there all year.  Started the feature in 8th and ended up 4th.  We've only got a few races remaining this year, i'm not looking forward to the long 6 month off season.

Dan
6 mths off season,lol , try only being able to race Memorial until Labor Day! that makes for a long frign off season :(

Offline racerrad8

• Raduechel Performance Motorsports
« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2012, 05:55:46 pm »
It is couple of months late to post, but one race for 2012 and picking up where we left off.

Hot-Rad! - Raduechel Brothers Go One-Two In Sonoma

Randy - RPM
Randy - RPM
randy@rpmracingca.com
2010 INEX/Intercomp Raceteam of the Year.
2009 INEX National and World Champion, Thunder Roadster.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2012, 08:50:03 pm »
Congratulations Randy!
Tell the boys we are always rooting for them Great Job!!!
Story on USLC site.

http://www.uslegendcars.com/racing_info/news/622925.html

Steve & Rhonda

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #329 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:26 am »
Forgot to update on Ethan. He is now out of his brace and seems to be recovering well.

Got my trailer painted (incl. the wheels). Looking more like a race car hauler than a garbage scow. lol!
Have to get some materials for ramps and tire rack. Jim will be sending me a couple tires and hood. Buying 4 tires from Tony.
Neighbors offered to help with some welding on the car. Things are finally coming together!

Steve

anything