Author Topic: How You Doing? 2012  (Read 177971 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: How You Doing? 2012
« Reply #285 on: August 21, 2012, 12:24:23 am »
installed a very important piece today.....the coveted V.M.S motorsports decal.......thanks for your help Jim!!!!!     im getting close to putting the engine in.have to install topend oiler and new rubber mounts on engine left side.........one of the old ones was aluminum...man it was tough to get out..i had to cut it in pieces with an airbody saw..the others were rubber and pretty much fell out.........go figure

I put a VMS decal on my truck a couple years ago. I get more speed (they're slick and cut wind resistance) and better gas milage. Figured if it was good enough for the truck, then I should put one on the lawn tractor. Doesn't go any faster; But man can that thing mow some grass!!!  ;D  Rhonda put one on her car. Gave me the same testimonial about gas mileage and speed..... She keeps stealing my VMS T-shirt, so I think it is more a fashion statement. (that's what she says anyway)  :-\   You can bet that I will have more than one on each racecars!!!  ;)
Think I might get me a couple of those RPM decals too. ;)

Steve
 ;D
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #286 on: August 21, 2012, 10:59:51 am »
The only update I have on Ethan this morning is that he is up and still in some pain and very stiff. They will do some occupational and physical therapy and then he should be released if everything goes well.

Offline ethan54

« Reply #287 on: August 21, 2012, 01:10:25 pm »
Got home about 20minutes ago..good to be home. Still very stiff and sore but i guess that is to be expected. 2 compression fractures to my t-4 and t-5 vertebra ill be in a neck/back brace for 8-12 weeks..Hard to walk and move around but hope that improves as the days go on..First off i have to thank every one for all the moral support via email, text, facebook, this forum and all the drivers and friends/family of the WLRDS that showed there support at the track after the accident.. It really does make a difference to hear from everyone with there get well wishes..i am doing the best i can and will try to give updates as i move on and hope to recover soon. Thank you
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #288 on: August 21, 2012, 01:16:31 pm »
Glad you're home Ethan
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #289 on: August 21, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »
Glad to hear you're at home and doing as well as can be expected.  Sounds like it could have been much worse.  Now just make sure you don't overdo it too soon.  Take the time your body needs to heal and we all look forward to racing with you next year.  ;)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Team Zero

« Reply #290 on: August 21, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »
Great to hear!!!Listen to the doctors!

Now when I come back to Beaver Dam in two weeks want to be my coach? lol!! :)

Get well!!
Brian Peterson

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2012, 06:20:20 pm »
Just so's you know... WE put a couple of them there VMS decals on our Legends. When it was in the shop having the motor replaced, the VMS stickers magically returned as GNL stickers. Fancy that!   ;o)

Offline s10custom

• It is what it is
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2012, 07:02:45 pm »
Just when Bubba is getting good feel for the car, he goes and breaks his wrist. we're done for the season. Guess we'll start tearing it down and cleaning everthing.

Robert

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2012, 08:35:38 pm »
Just so's you know... WE put a couple of them there VMS decals on our Legends. When it was in the shop having the motor replaced, the VMS stickers magically returned as GNL stickers. Fancy that!   ;o)

LOL!

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #294 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:29 pm »

Wow. I think I'll take that as a compliment. Guess I'm making a little impact in the Legends world by you
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2012, 07:28:53 am »
Just when Bubba is getting good feel for the car, he goes and breaks his wrist. we're done for the season. Guess we'll start tearing it down and cleaning everthing.

Robert

Sorry to hear that.
Hope he heals quickly!
Well, on the up side, it will give you a jump start on next season.

Steve

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #296 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:02 am »
Had  a pretty good night tonight.
2nd in the heat, 6th in the main
 :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #297 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:11 am »
Congrats Jim! 
            8)

Steve

Offline Lochner Racing

• #23t Lochner Photography Ford
    • Lochner Racing
« Reply #298 on: August 27, 2012, 12:36:48 am »
After 3-4 months of working two jobs, 80 hours a week, not racing, and basically wanting to just sleep during every second of my free time, I bought a legends car and am racing!!! I ran over 150 laps this weekend between a race school and all of the regular race program. I got to race against tons of great drivers including the Texas asphalt champion and all of his teammates! I have a LOT of work to do to get my driving anywhere near them!!!  ;D

As far as my weekend goes, I never finished last and the only thing that "broke" on the car was an air filter that popped off with 5 laps to go.

-William
William Lochner                Lochner Racing
'37 Ford Sedan                    http://lochnerracing.weebly.com/

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car , it's the one who refuses to lose"
- Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #299 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:11 am »
good to hear that your enjoying legend racing and had a great weekend, as far as the air filter goes, if your running the k&n ones, just put a zip tie around them and the carb to hold them on in case the hose clamp fails.  I'm sure alot of people down there do that with them.

Dan