Author Topic: Other dirt racing  (Read 5286 times)

Hoopy_boy

Other dirt racing
« on: November 12, 2011, 12:45:10 am »
Legends racin' over.. what better to watch than other divisions. Speed Channel had WoO Sprints and Latemodels from Charolette on today and tonight from Vegas the IMCA Desert Dual is here http://www.ustream.tv/channel/from-the-tower-at-lvms ... Tons of these North Dakota guys I grew up racing with or met them while prepping our track back home and running my tow truck on top of racing for a decade. There has been a number of local Legends drivers who hopped into mods. Always a joy to watch another division once and a while
Apology, didn't mean to take away from Legends topic on this site... just sharing  some dirt racing from the off-season

~Gimpster~

Hoopy_boy

Re: Other dirt racing
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 02:38:02 pm »
 Features will be tonight. They are 2 hours behind us racers whom are on central time, gates open there at 4 this afternoon their time. It would be awsome to have a Dirt Nationals for Legends Cars this big... Enough Legends Cars to run heat races only, on one day, and only features the second day.
 Since I have been around this style of dirt chassis since their developement evolved in late 70's and early 80's, I referenced set-up characteristics of these chassis over the years and changes in setups needed to make them work, compared to my Legends Car. In the beginning many of these mods ran a much wider tire. As the sanctioning dropped the tire width, I looked at that era,  in reference, to come up with a setup for my first Legends car on BFG tires. Noting the progress from needed setup changes, we incorperated a few other tricks from our sprint chassis in our Legends Car set-up too.
 Just imagine how a Legends car would rock on dirt if they were allowed a larger right rear tire (stagger) and a pull-bar.... LOL they would be the fastest thing at many race track's nightly events across the nation.

~Gimpster~ 

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 01:26:08 pm »
Don't forget adding a wing to that wish list for the cars.   ;)

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 01:16:07 am »
 You are making me miss my Mini Sprint with that comment ! LOL

Any of you who were interested in the tach I have, I have not been out of the house in a while so I haven't gotten around to finding it. I'll private message you when I do. Thanks

~Gimpster~