BANDOLEROS > Drivetrain & Gearing

NEW CLUTCH

(1/2) > >>

T Worthy:
Received Email from INEX  NEW 4DISC CLUTCH is available for the Bando.  This is a great up date from the Noram.  The test I have run  --No over heating  at low speed causion laps,in the pits,  and off tract excursions.  The New Clutch work very good on starts and restarts.  For those tracks that have a gear rule (13 tooth drive gear) the disc cluth only goes to 14 teeth, I'm sure the tracks can look at a chart and get a comparable ratio for their rules.  Thanks to GE Chapman and the guys at INEX for making this happen.  PS--You only buy one clutch, the gears  are sold seppretly  and are easy to change and replace  Tim

bando56:
 OK, where will be getting them from , 600 racing only?

nosted:
Yes you get them from inex. And they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. They are like a 300-500 buck clutch. But the will last you 1-2 full seasons of fantastic preformance. So it might not be worth the competitive edge depending on where you run. Where I ran last year it would be worth it. A 10 -13 car feild every week top 5 all within 2-3 secconds of each other (close for bandos) But there was always a fight for the lead. Me and the points winner (by only 3 points) never hit each other the whole season. And I lost races on restarts (at least 3) because of an old clutch. So if it's competitive put the money into it.

sfreitas20:
It looks like the new clutches won't be a cost savings after all.  Ours only lasted 4 races before it was worn beyond the wear limits in the paperwork and now after the 5th race has a air gap of .079 which is .014 beyond the wear limit. 

The one on our other car started out right around .040 after the break in process, but is now already at .050 after just three races.  I will measure it again after each of the next two races, but it looks like 4 - 5 races is probably going to be it for the life cycle of the discs.

At a cost of about $90 per rebuild for the discs, this is going to be much more expensive and time consuming than the old clutches.

CNC Motorsports:
Anyone have anymore feed back on these clutches?  How are they holding up?  Its hard justifying buying a $400 clutch if its worn out in 4 races.. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
  Chad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version