Author Topic: New Bando CLUTCH  (Read 11398 times)

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
New Bando CLUTCH
« on: October 26, 2011, 09:19:01 am »
Received Email from INEX the NEW 4DISC CLUTCH is availbly for the Bandos.  Call INEX and get one.  Ran test this summer and they work great,NO more over heating on Causion laps and in the pits. Lock up on track is quicker and better.  Will be great on STARTS and RESTARTS,  Thanks to the efforts of GE Chapman and the guys at INEX .   (Now how about front brakes) Progress is some time  slow.  Tim

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
Re: New Bando CLUTCH
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 02:07:58 pm »
So does this mean all the old clutch drums are now useless?
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »
I had my question answered by USLegendCars.  My brand new, but old style clutches are useless. :(

To comment on the front brakes...I don't think we need to introduce them in Bandoleros.  The cars are good the way they are and the drivers pretty quickly learn how to drive with the braking the way it is.  I haven't seen one accident yet where a car crashed too hard because there wasn't enough brakes.  The cost to add front brakes will be pretty high and there already is a class out there that anyone can switch to if they want front brakes that bad.  They are Mini-Cup cars.  Just my two cents...
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 03:39:10 pm »
what is the cost on these new clutches.
looks like a bully by buller which is about 350mi think, whats 600 getting.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 04:48:24 pm »
Your old Noram clutch is not usless, you can still use them until they burn up, then use then for trout line weights ,doubling your usage.  As for the front brakes-- disconect your front brakes on wifes car or truck and see what happens,hammer the brakes and the bando will swap end before you can blink.  As for cost have you bought body parts and axles ,spindles latley.

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 05:12:31 pm »
The new clutches are 399.  But it is a worthy investment because you won't be rebuilding them hardly ever and if you have a problem and strip a gear, you don't throw the whole clutch hub away, you just replace the gear insert at $35.  It is a hard pill to swallow up front for $399, but it will be money saved probably in your first season depending how often you race.

I don't need to hear the benefits of the front brakes, I understand them plenty and I don't want them on my son's Bandolero.  Yes, I have bought those parts, but front brakes wouldn't have prevented any of it from happening.  That is also my point, the benefit doesn't outweigh costs in my opinion.  A driver can be taught not to "hammer" the brakes and still slow the car down.  Teaching drivers not to over-react on the wheel or brakes is very important in my opinion.

My point is there is a series and class out there for you if you don't feel this series is safe enough for you or your kid, you can get a  MiniCup car.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline bando56

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:46 pm »
 The clutch I bought this morning  has 3 fiber plates and 6 springs, at least that is what the paper work says. Also you only get it with a 15th sprocket , no choices yet.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:25:44 am »
sfreitas20,  I appreciate your support  and opinion about the new disc clutch.  Why is stating my poinion about front brakes a SHUT -UP or get out , or as stated earlier" quote."  MAYBE THIS SERIES IS NOT FOR YOU, ever heard that one before?  That was sugested last year when a discussion of a NEW and better  clucth that was placed on this forum. Without growth in OUR sport it will end. I respect your opinions and welcome your comments.  I plan to be in this series a few more years and looking foward to future improvments.  With that said, again Thanks INEX 600 for providing us with the tools and platform in which to  compete .  Tim Worthy

Offline rob

• J & R Motorsports
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 03:14:04 pm »
Just a thought on the normans, if you plan on still using them, if cars are using the new discs you might as well stay home.
there will be no keeping up with them, if you have never used one you will be amazed at the difference, it will still be pricey
after the inital cost, you will need to change friction discs and springs a couple times a year and they are pricey.
just my 2 cents
Rob

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 07:41:10 pm »
TWorthy, I didn't say shut up or get out.  I just voiced my opinion which just happens to be very different than yours.  Bandoleros aren't perfect, but they pretty dang good.  There are things that can be done to make them better and some are worth the cost and others aren't.  I don't think front brakes or suspension are worth the cost.  Believe me the costs will be really high (both direct costs and indirect costs).  We have Minicups which our kids are beginning to race now too and the costs for those are insane compared to the relative low costs of Bandolero racing.  If someone really wants front brakes and suspension and don't feel Bandolero cars are safe enough because they don't have them, they have options...
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 11:35:01 am »
We run a 2 disc  jammer on our dirt kart with very good result over the drum clutch. We also run a front brake(left front)  it allows the kart to set up in the turns ,pulls the nose down when needed  and enable my driver to have more control.  The front brake on mini cup are simular.  When used to drag left front in corners and allows you to keep the rpm up with out over heating the clutch makes for better exit speed and control.  To acheive this with the bando is next to impossable,they push like a dump truck and will snap around on a dime. Yes a driver can figure out how to drive the bando,but given the proper tools and equipment in the begining the learning prosess and expense would be lessened.  Tim

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:18:54 pm »
 Haha.. 'like a dumptruck". I guess that IS better handling than a bulldozer

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:06:58 pm »
Question on the new clutch...I followed the break-in instructions exactly as they are written an when my son idles through the pits or is slow on the track during cautions it chatters. Do I need to adjust the stall speed or do I need to redo the break in process?
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline sfreitas20

• Freitas Racing
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 01:54:12 am »
It seemed to work itself out on Saturday and was a lot better after a few times on the track.  Seems like just doing the break-in on the instructions isn't really enough to really break them in.
Scott Freitas
Patriot Motorsports

Offline Billy13

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 09:54:10 pm »
Is this the standard 3 disk bulley?  Is it the 1" shaft?
Go Kart racers
BAD K Racing