Author Topic: Dirt Nationals  (Read 24653 times)

Hoopy_boy

Re: Dirt Nationals
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 11:36:49 pm »
Thanks again for doing that and nice meeting you guys!!

Wish you would have called the first day so we knew you and would have stopped by your pits to BS more often !!
LOL, My wife likes Ethan and DJ... says they are cool fellers

~ Gimpster ~

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2011, 11:38:13 pm »
Anyone know who the 40 car in the Pro feature is?  I would like to put a name to the jerk that spun me.

Yeah, that blew your feature for ya... I had even wound up that top spring good and tight !!

~ G ~

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2011, 12:07:27 am »
Nice video Brandon...good to see that VMS sticker on there  ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline ethan54

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2011, 06:11:51 am »
Awesome weekend of racing. At the end of Friday night we were saying that just that night of racing alone was well worth the trip. It started with DJ setting fast time in semi-pro and i got 2nd fastest. Being the first heat races after track prep it was a little too wet for my liking and started last due to the invert was only able to get to 5th, but knew the car was fast. Then we had the 20 lap race of champions again starting in the rear and it went caution free. Got up to 3rd and the car was on a rail once i found my line. Due to our fast qual times and decent heat finishes i started 4th in the feature and DJ 5th. After lap 1 i took the lead and led the final 29 laps. There were probably around 5 cautions and after seeing the video, at one point i'm guessing i was able to stretch the lead to 15 car lengths. The low point was DJ blowing up in the feature but he had an awesome car up to that point but the shifter broke and he was stuck in 3rd gear for the race. Just like last year it was really cool being able to meet new people and gotta say it was awesome meeting you and your wife Gimptser. It was awesome having you, my Mom and Dad, Grandpa, 2 brothers and Dano coming in victory lane celebrating the win as well. Those moments ill be able to cherish just as much as the win.

Also have to mention that pro/masters race of champions race on friday night was very entertaining. That race alone was probably one of the best races i've seen in a while. The leader pulled away but that pack never separated and was some excellent racing.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Offline JC38

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2011, 12:19:06 pm »
I have to say that the people of Elko Speedway did an amazing job of keeping the track in good condition all weekend. For them being a asphalt track they really did a good job of working the track. I really wish they would go back to the two heat race's again. Where you invert the starting order. and my only reason of wanting that is because here we came 9 hrs to race over the weekend. the #12 car in the masters class his transponder quit working after practice and didnt know until they posted the lineups and he wasnt on there. i pretty sure they had this same problem last year at dirt nationals. instead of letting him go run another lap or two they just said sorry. Well that put him starting like 18th in the main he worked his way up to 3rd or 4th in the main but 1st and 2nd were so far out in front he had no chance. I really would of loved to see the #12 the  #13 and the #21b battle it out for the win, but that didnt happen. beacuse seeing what happened in the race of champions after the #12 started 16th and basically walked off with the win, it would of been a good race. i just think it would be better to have two heats then running the transponders because there always seems to be a problem with them when they get used. or they need to let those people qualify again if there transponder isnt working. im not saying the out come of the race would of been any different, but it would of been a good race to watch..
Justin Comer #38

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2011, 03:38:29 pm »
Yeah... I was watching him pick through the field. Wanda even commented how far he had moved up through the field... Any consulation, tell him I said " Good run !!"
thanks

~ Gimp ~

Offline JC38

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2011, 04:23:03 pm »
I will for sure let him know. yeah he was disappointed, he even pulled up and let some guys go before the checkered because he didnt feel like tearing into his car for a 3rd or 4th place finish. then when he found out they just teched the winner he was pissed at himself then. lol... I just think they need to think about not using the transponder. to stop the problems, because they had it happen this year and last year. And what happened to the trophys this year? i really dont care a trophy is just a dust collector or a conversation topic, but heck my 3rd place finish from last year stands about a foot taller then my second from this year. lol. just kinda funny!!!
Justin Comer #38

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2011, 04:34:25 pm »
Haha I hear ya ! Races like that we take our wrist bands for pit entry and mark on them with the date, starting and finishing placement. Hang them off other trophies as a momento of the event

~ G ~

Offline djracing

• Global Moderator
    • DJ Ross Racing
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 10:32:09 am »
I had a great time I really enjoyed the track. I'm proud of Ethan pulling out the win in the SemiPro-YoungLions feature. Disappointed about losing the engine but it ran great the night before got me the fast qualifier in SemiPro.

It was nice to finally meet Gimp and his wife. Hope you continue to get better.

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2011, 12:45:10 pm »
 There's nothing to hide.. us dirt racers don't cheat !! lol... I wouldn't want anyone else taking my car apart eather

~Gimp~

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2011, 04:27:37 pm »
Here is a video of the 2nd pro heat race   

Here is a video of the pro feature race   

igotmylegend

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2011, 04:47:54 pm »
I've never had my legend taken apart, but I've been racing for along time. I got to tell you tech is a JOKE. Half these car wouldn't pass tech and I think alot know that.  I can tell you that some of the crap I seen this year and with what some get away with is a joke. I spend alot of time going over my car to make sure it passes tech, and if that means getting torn down then so be it. I can't  tell you how many times I left  Badger at 10 o'clock at night and getting there at 7 in the morning, and on top of that having my motor in a milk crate, just to do it all over again next week, and for not one DIME. Do they tear down sealed motors?

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »
I have to agree with Vince on the current state of teching of asphalt cars in the Wisconsin FASTRAC series.  There is none.  If either Daryl or the other guy shows up, they do nothing but take INEX license numbers and send race results to INEX for national points.  Man, quite the gig for what they're getting paid.  Oh yea, I almost forgot... Daryl spends part of his night tying his dog to a chain that is then tied to his personal vehicle in the pits.  One time his dog got loose and was running around the race track at Madison and they had to stop the races to catch the dog. As they say, I'd be dog gone it....LOL.    It sure would be nice if we went back to some real teching as to even the playing field. I have nothing to hide either so tech away.  I say no more  :-X
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

igotmylegend

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2011, 07:22:08 pm »
From what i've been told tech will change for us.

Offline JC38

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2011, 09:25:17 pm »
Jim you hit it right on the head there.  and if it wasnt from the disappointment from last years nationals and then this year of starting in the back when it wasnt your fault, it just wasnt worth tearing your car down for a extra $50 bucks and a trophy. now if he would of started up front where he should of been and would of finished 3rd ok we tried couldnt win. we just felt like he had the car to beat the last two years and it hasnt happened. just kind of a bummer thats all. but we will try again next year, thats  if Vince doesnt try and make us stay home. lol.  And Vince where ever the nationals are at i hope you can make it and you can check over anything on my car or dads and see if we are cheating. lol. Just giving ya a hard time!
Justin Comer #38

anything