Author Topic: Driveshaft coupling question  (Read 15120 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Driveshaft coupling question
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 11:21:18 pm »
My guess is that the driveshaft adapter is loose, throwing up the vibration that caused a fatigued motor mount to break. Axle was a matter of circumstance.
Just my .02
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 11:42:49 pm »
I agree with Jim sounds like the adapter is loose. I had the same problem couple years ago and I couldn't figure out what was making such a big vibration and went through 2 oil coolers before someone told me to check the driveshaft adapter

Offline Andy S

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2011, 08:11:04 am »
This is our first year, and so far we've raced the full season at Shenandoah (VA) and one race at Old Dominion (VA).  Next year we'll race more ODS and hopefully throw in a few races at Mountain (PA) and Langley (VA).  We'll have to see how the schedules line out.

Andy

knoxracing

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2011, 09:23:32 am »
Again, make sure the drive shaft coupler is not lose, it sounds like the coupler at the engine is lose, the newer style couplers have allen set screws in the side, the older ones do not. i have seen both come lose. Put the car in neutral and grab it with your hands and see if there is ANY movement to the coupler. Three degrees down angle is fine.

knoxracing

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:18 am »
Andy if you need help e-mail me privately and I will be happy to help you. You can call me, it might be easier.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends
330-310-9212

Offline Winterracing

• www.Winterracing.net
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2011, 10:49:09 am »
I had that coupler come loose earlier this year.  It sends a bad vibration up through the steering wheel, We were going through everything to try and figure it out.

Dan
www.winterracing.net