Author Topic: Where can I get my Red Box Ignition checked?  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Okiesnake

Where can I get my Red Box Ignition checked?
« on: September 12, 2011, 02:13:41 pm »
I have a Red box ignition and I would like to have it checked out.  I don't know if there is anything actually wrong with it but twice I had the #4 piston (closest to the firewall) smash into the valves.  The second time this happened there was a used head on the motor.  I gave up trying to have it fixed a third time and bought a new 1250 motor from 600racing.  However, someone said that it could be possible that the red box was pre-ignitioning the #4 cylinder and that caused the motor to fail.  I don't know but I was a bit nervious chancing the new moter to end up with the same fate.  Any help or recomendations would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Legends57x

Re: Where can I get my Red Box Ignition checked?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »
You could send it in to Dynatek(address listed below), however, call Larry Nelson first.  Be patient as he is a one man show and if your box is determine defective, they will replace it with a new one for $123, much less than the cost of a new one at $285.
However, again you need to be patient as this process may take 2-4 weeks.

Larry Nelson
Technical Support
Dynatek. 200 Arden Drive. Belgrade, Montana 59714.

(800)928-3962

Good luck! ;)
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline Schmitt20

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »
Like Mark said talk to Larry. Tell him you have the red inex module. Make sure he knows its an inex module because they almost screwed mine up. I have sent 3 boxes there. If they send you a new one they will warranty it for a year so if it screws up then send it to them they will test it and if it is bad then they will replace it at no charge. I sent a box that i got from them back to them after several races because I thought the box went bad, they got it and tested it and said they couldnt find anything wrong but since I was a good customer they sent me a new one any waise. Larry told me that he would call when they got it tested but he never did so just call them a week after you send it and he will let you know whats going on.

Offline Okiesnake

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »
Thanks!