Author Topic: Clutch issue?  (Read 9480 times)

Offline Plumcrazy

Clutch issue?
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:48:36 am »
Howdy all.  Have a clutch question.  Every so often when my driver pulls the car around to get ready for a race we get a  horrible dragging sound from the clutch.  Usually, shutting down the motor and re-firing it makes it go away.  Last night it happened twice.  I've had it off, of course, regreased the bearings, etc.  We did find after the last race that the needle bearing had slid out of the driver about 1/16th of an inch.  No idea how that happened and I had to press it back in, so I know it's not loose.  Ours appears to be the only car that makes this noise.  I will pull it off again this week and see if it moved again.  Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Adam

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Clutch issue?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 10:15:40 pm »
Ed (Bandostuff.com) has a very nice clutch maintenance "how to". Not sure if you've checked it out. Maybe you are missing something.
Worth looking over.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline Plumcrazy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:50 pm »
I saw that on his site.  Maybe all I'm missing is a little more TLC on the clutch!  I'll get it off and have a look.  ATM though we have a bigger issue.  He came off the track and shut down the car and it won't even try to turn over.  Think we cooked something Saturday.  It was hot fo sure.  But that's another topic for later.  =)

Thanks!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 12:51:45 pm »
Yikes!!!!  :o
Doesn't sound good.
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 09:39:35 am »
Your clutch bearing is worn out. You can get new bearings from industrial suppliers. ps they also make different grade beaing get the good ones

anything