Author Topic: New Chassis  (Read 7549 times)

Offline Racingtrader.ca

• Racing Classifeds
New Chassis
« on: July 20, 2011, 04:21:39 pm »
When you buy a new chassis from USLC does it come with a new vin/title or do you have to use the one from your original.

Mark Williams
Owner
Racing Classifieds & Track Forums / Sticker Fool
Tel: 902-448-6903

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
Re: New Chassis
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:46:06 am »
Yes,

I believe there is an extra fee for a new title and all the paperwork compared to changing the paperwork when you trade a chassis in.
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:50:22 am »
USLC is now very reluctant to sell chassis and VIN plate combos. When you buy a new chassis it is supose to be a replacement chassis. There is a form you fill out and then you send the old vin and title to USLC and you are returned a new title and Vin. The new VIN will be the same number only it will have an additional Letter, usually an X signifying replacement. There usually is no fee involved. i do suggest sending your paper work certified or some type of requiring a signature.
Dennis Knox
Buckeye Legends

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:56:07 am »
The official USLC procedure is that the old chassis is returned to USLC or the dealer it was purchased from.  The chassis is then destroyed.  Your current VIN Plate is returned to USLC and a new plate and title issued with the same number and a R suffix.  If the plate already has an R suffix they add another R.

They had program a couple of years ago where chassis with plates/titles were available, for extra money of course),  but that program is long gone.
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:58:47 am »
Do either of you know the reasoning behind this, or is it just greed?
Greed bites both ways. If I could buy a new chassis and vin I wouldnt be looking for a used one, then I could build a new car and there would be another car out there paying into pit passes, license fee's, etc
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

knoxracing

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 01:18:28 pm »
It is not a greed issue. USLC is in business to build and sell cars and replacement parts, selling vin plates and titles creates alot of problems.  Tracking cars and chassis is already a difficult issue. People continually sell their plate and tilte, then peddle the car to unknowing people who find out later they have been screwed. You can purchase a kit car less motor. Yes, they had a chassis and vin deal a couple years ago.  From what i have been told, the whole vin plate attachment system will be changing, you will not be able to remove the plate without destroying it. Originally they were welded in place, the new method will be similar.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 01:49:50 pm »
Didn't mean to sound shitty if I came across that way.
Just figure they can track a new chassis and VIN if they sold it...just like a new car.
I'd be buying a new chassis from them, instead of looking for a used one from a private party.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

knoxracing

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 02:27:29 pm »
No I did not take it that way at all, USLC  has  had so many issues with altered chassis and folks buying and selling VIN plates they are very cautious as to selling them.  I guess it is the policy they have chosen. I totally understand your point, not everyone is honest and wants vin plates and titles for the same reason.
Dennis Knox

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »
Well, if you come across a used 34 coupe chassis with Title and Vin, I'm looking (passively).
Will clip it anyway, so bent is OK
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline Racingtrader.ca

• Racing Classifeds
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »
Thanks for the replys. I am parting my 34 coupe and had a lot of emails about vin only. I was not sure how to price it.
Mark Williams
Owner
Racing Classifieds & Track Forums / Sticker Fool
Tel: 902-448-6903

anything