Author Topic: North Dakota  (Read 7217 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
North Dakota
« on: July 01, 2011, 11:08:23 am »
Just checking in on our North Dakota friends to see how y'all are fairing with the floods.
Hope all is well as can be

JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Hoopyboy

Re: North Dakota
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 01:45:49 pm »
 All is safe from floods in Gimpsterville. Google maps, zoom in on Bismarck, I am off Hwy 83 north where 71st Street NE goes east from it. Railroad tracks cross the back of my property, on the west end of it, just south of 71st. High ground here. Missouri River never got to us. Nearly all Legends racers from Minot were affected by flooding of the Souris River. No Racing at Nodak Speedway, there, for the month. State fair in Minot (Nodak Speedway is on the fairgrounds) is still on schedule for the 22nd of July. 2 scheduled last minute add on races for Legends in WIlliston ND and Devils Lake ND. Race in Devils lake has been cancelled for Legends for lask of early pre car counts.

~ Gimpster  ~

Hoopyboy

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 02:01:21 pm »
Make-up race from the rained out ND Legends Tour in Underwood will be this weekend. Cameron Sogge (Camd8's channel, Legends Car videos on You tube) got ahold of me for a valve cover gasket. Mentioned someone in Minot bought a Legends Car in need of a gasket. While on the phone with him he mentioned Tim Brockhouse (Mn Legends dealer) Might show up for the make up race.

~ G ~

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 09:19:05 pm »
Flood warning still going on here in Montana. All the water is flowing on down river to all our friends in ND, SD and MO. Still lots of snow up in the mountains yet to melt. Afraid this may go on for awhile yet. I hope everyone is fairing well. Still high and dry in my town. Towns up river are still not fairing so well.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

FFmedic

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:31 am »
I;m dry where I live.  Been busy at the Fire Dept with the flood in Bismarck.   Gimp the make up race in Underwood is the 9th.  Not sure why Tim would com eout just for that race, mainly because the tour is over and the points dont matter for it.

Hoopyboy

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:01 am »
 Hmm, I thought it was Wednesday.  I must have not been listening. Sogge had mentioned during a phone call that Tim was coming over for some races, the reason he didn't need the valve cover gasket I have.  Also thought he said Steve never finalized the points and checks ? LOL, the celiac end of this stuff is messin with my memory, bad... Maybe he meant that Tony was headed over here.

~ Gimp ~

FFmedic

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 11:54:23 am »
Not sure dude, but as far as I know the tour is over. 

Hoopyboy

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 11:57:43 am »
 Hey, does Kvein still work at the fire department... I found a cool picture of him and me in Mandan

http://thegimpster.com/Gimp-n-Pete.jpg

LOL, had the left camber perfect for that track. (click the link for a lil bigger picture)

~ Gimpy ~

FFmedic

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 01:23:29 pm »
Heck ya he does.  Just talked with him yesterday.  He was showing me the new chevy motor they r running in the USMTS.

Hoopyboy

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »
Miss that ole boy... cool to be around

~ Gimp ~