LEGENDS > Brakes

Who has the best brake pads/shoes..

<< < (2/3) > >>

DARK AGE 53:
Steve,

Thanks for the info, maybe I should check the rear shoes again for thickness ( have any specs for thickness). I checked the front pads today and there in great shape, maybe we'll be o.k  for next season ( racing season is over here ).

Later,
Al

jon8j:
We've ended up using the Carbotech on all but the LF.  Had to go back to the cheaper ones from 600 because we couldn't keep the LF from locking up.  He liked the pedal feel much better with the C'techs - the other pads give us much less pedal.  Just never could get the balance right so we compromise.
Maybe we can try the Hawks to compare...
JB

T48:
Al, just thought I'd throw in here - I've found that 600 racing stocks a lot more than they have on their website.  That's one of the reasons you can't order online anymore.  They told me they just have the cart on there to drive people crazy, it doesn't actually DO anything.  :D

6th Geer:
have used both the carbotechs and cheaper front pads and prefer the cheaper set. the carbotechs I feel have a overreacting feel to them.

As for the rear brakes.
1. set them loose for me
2. dial out as much rear brake as possible
there not needed, or important.

fcassidy:
Could one of you provide part numbers for the various pads and shoes?  I'm new to the Legends scene and have no idea what car the calipers or pads were originally sourced from.

Part numbers will let me shop around - any info appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version