Author Topic: how to find out is some thing is legal  (Read 6817 times)

Offline racerdad

how to find out is some thing is legal
« on: May 23, 2011, 01:07:52 am »
so i went on 600's web page and looked at the rule book and it does not say  i can not do some of the things that i wont to do but it does say ( if it does not say you can you cant ). so how do i go about asking if it is ok? can i just call or do i have to summit some thing ? and can i do this even if i am not a inex member?
what i wont to do is change the shifter bye welding a biger tube so i can put a bearing in it and i was told that i had to use the fuel pump that 600 sells and can not use one that uses an6 fittings.
also wonted to say thanks to every one that has helped me out with all my newby questions. kinda feeling  bad that i can not return the favor being new to the legends. if some one had a question about quarter midgets i would have the answer . so just wonted to say thanks
thanks cody

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: how to find out is some thing is legal
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 05:43:22 am »
Hi Cody,

I guess your best bet would be to contact the Tech Department at INEX. Looks like Scott Reinhardt will be the person to contact, as he is the rules guy.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

knoxracing

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 08:52:37 am »
You can always call Scott Reinhardt at USLC, he is a nice guy and he is the head tech official.  I do not belive they will allow you to do anything that involves adding bearings. There are aftermarket shifter bellcranks available on ebay and other places, they are aluminum and have a bearing. Alot of racers bought them and installed them in N.C., when the techs figured out what they were using they deemed them illegal, mainly because they had a bearing replacing the stock part that does not. Was it a better piece, yes it was, BUT it is a performance advantage that is why it was illegal. There are alot of aftermarket pieces out there that will work on these cars, the reason Inex does not allow these items is because it will get out of hand, you will be buying buying buying and that is not what the basis of Legends are about. Inex stands for INEXpensive racing. Is it inexspensive, no its not, but in the realm of racing and the idea that you can take your car almost anywhere, unload it and race it, its fairly priced. feel free to call Scott, he may be able to help you.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, 09:07:34 am »
As stated above, get ahold of Scott Reinhart. I would recommend email though, then if he says something is legal, you can print it out and take it to the track with you in case a question comes up in tech.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racerdad

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:32 pm »
thanks for the help i emailed him and he got right back to me. not what i wonted him to say but now i know.
thanks for the help cody