LEGENDS > Brakes

rag on clutch master

(1/4) > >>

racerdad:
the clutch master on my daughters car has a rag on it and i thought that there was a crack or bad seal but all the pics i have seen they have a rag on them. is this some thing every one does because they all leak. if i put a after market tank on it will this help or do they all do this. i have never seen this on any other race cars that have after market master cylinders.
thanks cody

VMS Motorsports:
The fluid comes out of the breather hole in the cap. Being brake fluid, it eats the paint away on the LF fender. The rag also prevents fluid from contacting the exhaust.
Alot of people do the same with the brake master.

justfreaky:
What Jim said. Seems to be a very common "fix" (lol) to the problem.

Steve

racerdad:
does the after market ones not have the vent hole because i have been around lots of race cars (street stocks late models sprint cars) they have never had this probelm.

VMS Motorsports:
Since Legends are not built by Chevy, Toyota, Yamaha, technically  everything on them is aftermarket. That isn't a Yamaha reservoir.
The location close to paint is the issue. Any vented cap will lose a bit of fluid here and there. being 2" away from a fender is why people take the pre-caution of the rag.
You don't have to use it. Your master reservoir on full size cars does not have the limited mountimg area that the Legends have

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version