Author Topic: On-board video of the new Dirt Legends Car  (Read 8152 times)

Offline Legends Fan1

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: On-board video of the new Dirt Legends Car
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 05:51:50 pm »
If what this guy says means anything, us dirt boys might as well cut our cars up for scrap
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 09:37:41 pm »
You should learn your Legends Car history. The original Legends Car was taken directly from John Cain's Dwarf Car chassis. Long before Legends Cars, the Dwarf Cars were raced on both dirt and asphalt. Contrary to the writers belief that Legends Cars were never meant to race on dirt, they have done very well on the dirt tracks. The writer also states that he had never driven a Legends Car on dirt or asphalt before. He has no reference to compare it to. The whole story is designed to promote the new dirt car. I am not against that; Just think he should do his research first.

The bigger question should be, Will this new dirt car become a reality. Sure, people are going to complain that a new car, or series, is not necessary. They may be correct. They have a lot of time, money and effort tied up in their current dirt track cars. Then again, the same was said of the Modlite Cars just a few years back. My doubts about the new series and car are based on the economy. People are selling off their Legends and Dwarf Cars just to make ends meet. The new series may still take off. I just have doubts about it's timing. I guess time will tell.

JMHO,

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 10:20:12 pm »
It just seems to me like an "independent" recommendation attempt. I am sure it was paid for, just like any other advertising. Is that wrong? No.

Bad economy or not,  I'm not buying one. They have their series they're pushing in NC (anyone have the numbers on that? I haven't seen any). Then when that doesn't fill out as they hoped, they will allow the new dirt car to compete against the Legends cars on dirt, smoking us all, to try to get us to buy the new dirt car.

Just like the cranking compression rules on the 1200, trying to get the guy who can actually do the work on his car to cave in and buy a sealed motor...well actually 2 motors, because you can't fix it yourself, so you'll need to send it away for a month or so to get repaired.

They have a corner on the market...but they are trying to reel in more, and in the process pushing people away.

Stick with what got you there. The idea in 1992 to have a spec, race built, affordable series. IT'S WORKING!

$20,000 for a new dirt car? You can get a new Shaw Modified and a hell of a good motor for that, or a new 360 Sprint, or a Richards Grand National or two. Hell, $20K will get you 3 race ready Legends.

Just my opinion. Not bashing any entity, person, or group. Everyone is entitled to make some money, I don't begrudge them that, I just feel that it's a step in the wrong direction
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

FFmedic

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:02:43 pm »
I like how he says that the Legends cars are hard to drive with the pavement tires.  Hello, we have a dirt tire now, much better.  :)

I agree with what you are saying Jim,  if I'm forced outa my legend, I will go to a IMCA sport mod.....  same price.

Joe

Offline Legends57x

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 07:01:44 pm »
I agree with Jim also, couldn't have stated in better myself.  Don't fix it when it's not broke.... ;D
Mark Ritger
INEX Legends #1x

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2011, 03:43:37 pm »
I am thinking that these would fit better into a track that does not have legends already (fill that Modlite/mini-sprint market) but I agree that the economy and the $20k price tag might kill it.  They do look like fun but $20k is pretty expensive for what you are getting.  There are no used cars to help fill the market for lower budget racers so it will be tough to fill a field with these.  Maybe I am wrong, but I do not see these as competition for legends racing.  I think that the class will have to live or die on it's own. 

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2011, 04:06:36 pm »
I've got to agree with you on the "sink or swim" John.
Don't get me wrong... I think they are a really cool throwback to the early dirt track cars. The Edmunds cars, as well as some of the other manufacturers, did very well back in the day! Very innovative. I guess we will just have to wait and see where things go.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything