BANDOLEROS > Drivetrain & Gearing

concord , nc set up?

(1/2) > >>

wh2:
I am not sure of how to determine correct gear ratios needed for concord or charlotte summer shootout 2011? Please explain to me the gear chart  and how to utilize.

justfreaky:
Welcome to LegendsRacer!

See if this helps to explain things a bit; Going to a larger front sprocket (clutch) increases top speed. Going to a larger rear sprocket (axle) increases acceleration.
13/63 seems to be the preferred gear for Charlotte.

Steve

wh2:
Thanks, that does sound simple.  So determining which gear is better, whats the best method?

justfreaky:
To read the gear chart; The numbers across the top (12,13,14,15) are the number of teeth on the front sprocket (clutch). The numbers going down the left side of the chart are the number of teeth on the rear sprocket (axle). The numbers in the columns are the gear ratio of the  combined front and rear sprockets (or final gear ratio).
Example: 13/63 = 4.85.  If you were to change the rear sprocket one tooth up (64) you would see a slight increase in acceleration but a slight decrease in top end speed.
The 13/63 gearing combination for Charlotte are suggested gearing from some of our members who have raced there (as noted in a couple of old threads). This combination should give you a good starting point to experiment with. You may want to take a 62 and a 64 tooth rear sprocket with you to the track to tailor the gearing to your driving style or just to experiment with. I could dig out the formula and you could do a lot of math, Just easier to start with a known gear ratio.

Hope that helps.

Steve

wh2:
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version