Author Topic: oil cooler help  (Read 5741 times)

Offline racerdad

oil cooler help
« on: April 14, 2011, 08:11:05 pm »
i just picket up a oil cooler off of ebay it was one of those from a top notch nascar team. it is a setrab 18 row 11" x 5 3/4 x 2" . the in and out an fittings are on one side and on the top and bottom. this will work for my daughters car right? will this be the big or the small cooler of the 2 coolers i will run?  when i go looking for the oil cooler what size should i look for? one other question  how do you know if it is a duel or single pass by looking at it? thanks for all the help cody

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: oil cooler help
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 08:27:32 pm »
Sounds like a Setrab 619. One port on the top and one on the bottom usually indicates it is a dual pass, but the ports are also usually on opposite ends of the cooler for a dual pass, so I can't say for sure, but think it's probably a dual pass.
I only run one cooler (Setrab 920), but I would assume by the size that that would be the  bigger of the two.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline racerdad

Re: oil cooler help
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:07 pm »
so i got my oil cooler today and the cooler was used for a rear end cooler. is there a differance  between a oil cooler and a rear end cooler? also it does not say setrab on the cooler but the mail an fittings do say setrab.should it say the name or do they not stamp it on the cooler?  if it is OK to use how should i flush the cooler out?
thanks cody

anything