LEGENDS > Non-Sealed Engines

header smoke

<< < (2/3) > >>

Winterracing:
just a thought.  I took them off over the winter and just went to take them off again and some of the nuts were a bit loose.  Could this be part of it? 

Thanks,
Dan
www.winterracing.net

justfreaky:
If the smoke was coming off of the header, then it's likely dirt or grease/ oil on the header. If it was coming out of the header, then you may have something more serious.

Steve

Winterracing:

--- Quote from: justfreaky on March 08, 2011, 01:18:59 pm ---If the smoke was coming off of the header, then it's likely dirt or grease/ oil on the header. If it was coming out of the header, then you may have something more serious.

Steve

--- End quote ---

Nope it was just off of the header.  Once the motor was fired there was nothing coming out of the muffler

Dan
www.winterracing.net

justfreaky:
Make sure you don't have any oil dripping onto the header. Otherwise, I think it is just dirt and oil/ grease from taking it off and putting it back on. Wouldn't stress too much.

Steve

Racingtrader.ca:
Sounds like you spilled stuff on it, the only other times I have seen "smoke" was if it was not bolted tight to the motor or muffler was not tight and it leaked around the pipes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version