LEGENDS > Brakes

Tire Spin

(1/7) > >>

Winterracing:
Hi,
I've been fighting a front brake problem.  The front tire only spins about 2 times with the tire on and the rotor only spins about 3/4 to once without the tire on.  I just wanted to know what everyone elses did. 

Thanks,
Dan
www.winterracing.net

IraceLegends77:
Are you saying that your brakes are dragging a little?

Scott

justfreaky:
That's what he is saying.
He is having trouble with one brake dragging. I referred him to the threads on brakes dragging. Exchanged PMs with him about the problem.
I am thinking that the sliders are worn or caliper may be sticking a bit. The front wheels will never spin like they did on his go karts.

Steve

Winterracing:

--- Quote from: justfreaky on January 20, 2011, 06:36:00 am ---That's what he is saying.
He is having trouble with one brake dragging. I referred him to the threads on brakes dragging. Exchanged PMs with him about the problem.
I am thinking that the sliders are worn or caliper may be sticking a bit. The front wheels will never spin like they did on his go karts.

Steve

--- End quote ---

I've greased and cleaned the sliders.  I am going to put new calipers on, but just wanted to know how much others spin.  I also bled the breaks

Thanks,
Dan
www.winterracing.net

IraceLegends77:
I have had the same problem before. I have one that free spins and the other doesn’t no matter how much I clean. I know that you want it to spin and go eat dinner and come back it is still spinning but the reality is that is not going to happen on these cars. I did have a friend that used springs to help pull the pads back. He drilled a little counter sunk hole and attached a spring. Problem was that the tech guy didn’t think it resembled anything that was delivered stock but it did work……LOL.

Scott

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version