Author Topic: Theft Insurance for Car and Car Trailer?  (Read 6829 times)

Offline Okiesnake

Theft Insurance for Car and Car Trailer?
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »
A good friend of mine who races Formula Ford, had his car trailer stolen (WITH THE CAR INSIDE!)  In Oklahoma they don't have tags for trailers and therefore you don't have to register them.   As a result of the no-trailer tags, trailers are open season for theives.  They probably stole the trailer not knowing or caring what was inside.
Well this got me to thinking and worrying about the safety of my car and trailer.  I can add coverage on my home owner's insurance will cover the trailer but not the car.
Does anyone know of an insurance that I can get that will cover my car?  I just want coverage against teft.

Offline JC38

Re: Theft Insurance for Car and Car Trailer?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:43 pm »
I have allstate and they insured my trailer with my autos.  im not sure about the car in the trailer. i never asked. i insured my trailer for $14,000 and its like $12 a month or something like that.  all i did was raise the value alittle bit to cover my tools or other things that might be in the trailer.  i just figured you coulded insure a race car!
Justin Comer #38

Offline Okiesnake

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 09:33:39 am »
Thanks for the reply.
I did some research and found that what I am looking for is STP (Storage, Transport & Paddock) insurance.  It basically covers potential losses for everything EXCEPT for any losses on the Track.  I am waiting to hear back from a couple of places but the one company that I have found so far lowest premium is $500 per year!
State Farm said I could add insurance on the trailer (but not the car) for $88 every six months for $9,000 coverage for the trailer.

Offline Okiesnake

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 10:16:05 pm »
Between the car and the trailer, I got $23,000 of coverage for $385.00 per year from Heacock Clasic Insurance http://www.heacockclassic.com/
It covers theft, fire and so forth everywhere except while the car is under it's own power.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 06:17:32 am »
Thanks for the update!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.