Author Topic: tms driveing school  (Read 7213 times)

Offline cm

tms driveing school
« on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:23 pm »
 i am giveing some serious thought about getting into legends raceing i have had experience raceing dirt track in a street stock and an imca modified. my question is about the driveing school for legends at texas motor speedway has anyone attended this school and can you tell me if its worth the time and money or should i just go for it on my own.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: tms driveing school
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:48:14 pm »
I've heard that it is a pretty good experience. I think it would be well worth your time and money to attend.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Gimpster

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:27:17 pm »
The wife and I wondered over there while updating my Honda (bike) Red Level tech training status, in Irving a few years back. They were running an asphalt school for Legends. We hung around for a bit... they found who I was, Next thing they strapped me up to a Thunder Roadster and floated me out onto the 1/4 mile track at TMS. Had never driven asphalt before, but set quick time for the day.
It's a good coarse to take there

~ Gimpster ~

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:49:14 pm »
I did a class at another track before I bought my car and had a blast.  If you are thinking about getting one, the seat time in the car with instructors on hand is worth it.  Anytime you can drive a new type of car before having to shell out the money to buy one, do it.   

Offline cm

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:50 pm »
thanks to all for the response pretty sure im going to go to the one in march

anything