Author Topic: How You Doing Bando 2011?  (Read 12819 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
How You Doing Bando 2011?
« on: December 18, 2010, 09:14:53 pm »
OK, Time for most to ready their cars for next season. Let us know how things are going. Post race results to let everyone know How You Are Doing.
Best Of Luck this coming season!

Steve

Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline katiu

• Hough68Racing
Re: How You Doing Bando 2011?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 11:03:10 am »
We are super excited! Going to bite the bullet and just buy a car this year... since it has been impossible to set up a test drive. Looking for a used car, if anyone is selling!

Here is the great news:
Raceway Park, Shakopee, Minnesota - Were racing between 3-5 bandos last year. Have 8 already on the schedule for this season (not including us)... driver and one crew member get in for free!
Elko Speedway, Elko, Minnesota - Will be running bandos for the first time this year! 12 RACES!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:26:43 pm »
In Bando News:
 Kathy and Kevin are now the proud owners of a Bando Car team! Their son, Ted, will be their driver.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Looking forward to news coming out of Minnesota this season!  ;)

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 07:39:44 pm »
This from Kathy today:

"Kevin has been checking things out.  Teddy will be starting to sand the body this week. Weather needs to be just a tiny bit warmer. I think this project will be as good for the dad as for the son."

Sorting through everything will keep Kevin pretty busy. lol!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 06:00:18 am »
Got another email from Kathy...
Car is painted and looking good! Ted turned some laps in practice and is pretty excited.
GO TED!!! Looking forward to following your first season!

Best Of Luck,

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2011, 11:52:39 pm »
From Kathy and Kevin Saturday night:

Ted won his heat race... And the feature.
CONGRATULATIONS TED!!!
I watched the video on the facebook page... Awesome!  He was running away with the race.

Steve

P.S.
This was Ted's very first race.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:13:25 am »
From Kevin Sunday night:

"Sunday night, just got back from Raceway Park in Shakopee MN.

Ted finished second in both the Heat Race and the Feature Race – He started 4th in the Feature and had worked up to 1st when a caution came out with 2 to go. Got a bad restart and the 2nd place car got around him – was catching him on last lap in turn 3 but could not make the pass – good clean racing and fun to watch! We had 9 bandos on a ¼ mile banked track – nice!"

Great finish Ted! Congratulations!!!

Steve

Offline Plumcrazy

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 01:17:14 am »
My first post here.  Hey all!  Racing in Virginia at Old Dominion.  Bought our car last November and tried our hand at right turns at the Rock.  We've been racing quarter midgets it was our first road course.  It wasn't pretty but it was fun.  We have only had 2 races due to weather here.  Also, the track is pretty big (3/8 mile) for Bando standards from what I here.  We've run ok.  Ran third for most of the first race but found out you can only shut the door so many times.  No damage to the car though.  Lesson learned I think.  2nd race was better but we have a long way to go.  My driver is still figuring out the track and I am still figuring out the car.  For the most part folks seem helpful.  Not that we're going any faster as a result!   ;D

I will be posting some questions for y'all soon.  Our car has an older motor, but a SWEET graphics scheme.  Hehe.  We are going to work with this motor a bit until we sort a few things out. I figure there is no point in dropping green before we have the bigger stuff worked out.

Anyway, happy and safe racing to all.

Adam

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 01:21:35 am »
Hi Adam,

Good to see you posting. Welcome to the LegendsRacer Family!
Looking forward to your questions and your drivers progress.
Post up some pics for us.

Best Wishes for a Great 2011 Season!!!

Steve

Offline Plumcrazy

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 11:25:05 pm »
Big weekend for us.  5th race out (3rd at ODS) and we finished 2nd!  Qualified 8th (batch qualifying).  We were nowhere near the 2nd fastest car out there and Ryan had to hold off 3rd place for almost 6 laps.  Not blocking, just taking away the preferred line and using lap cars to his advantage.  The car races well but we're still a good ways off the speed chart and the top half of the field.  Motor is in a box and going to 600 tomorrow.  It's been AT LEAST 3 years since it was freshened.  It ran a full season 2 years ago and sat most of last year.  I don't know how long before that.  I can see lots of corosion on the flywheel.  Anyway, I think the car is pretty good and I think the driver is decent and getting it figured out.  We're just getting pulled badly down the straight.  He's tried just about every line out there including following some of the faster cars and no dice.  Some folks think they're cheating, but I don't really care.  If they are, it's kinda sad.  If they're not, more power to 'em.  Either way, we have a couple of rabbit's to chase.  I re-jetted the carb and it seemed to help, but not enough.  So, fresh motor, new carb and we'll see.  It may not help, but I figure it can't hurt.   ;D

Race safe!

Adam

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 11:38:15 pm »
Congratulations on the 2nd place finish!
I'm sure the engine rebuild will be of some help.
Have heard the "C" word thrown around before about Bandos at ODS. Still have not seen or heard of any proof that any cheating has occured.

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 10:10:40 pm »
Update from Kevin on Teddy's races 6/24:

"Just got home from Raceway Park. Ted finished 2nd in the Heat Race and 1st in the Feature Race !

10 Bandos on the track tonight – very entertaining.

Tomorrow night we race at Elko Speedway."

Congratulations Ted!!! Another nice finish!!!  ;)

Steve

Offline Plumcrazy

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 01:54:38 am »
Just got back from ODS.  Finished 3rd tonight.  Car was good and really picked up with the fresh motor.  Very happy with it.  The track announced tonight they are considering a blue plate.  They are clocking us into the corners at close to 80.  The older kids do a pretty good job racing but we have one that is pretty far off the pace and the closure rate is probably 15 - 20 mph.  And we have one that is really fast who has been in 3 major wrecks this year and went through 3 chassis' last year.  Not much you can do about it so we will see what they do.  We already have a red plate, gear rule and tire pressure rule.  I guess if we're all on the same platform it doesn't matter and it's awfully tough to blame the track for looking out for the kids.

Did I mention we finished 3rd?  Hehe.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 05:38:57 am »
Congratulations on the 3rd place finish!

Steve

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 10:09:30 pm »
This in this morning from Hough Racing:

We were at Raceway Park in Shakopee last night. Started with 10 cars, 2 were damaged in practice. Heat and feature races finished James Wenzel (1st), Ted Hough (2nd). The feature was particularly fun, because James & Ted worked their way through the pack together... almost drafting, but not quite. Ted's front bumper was even with James' seat at the checkers. Way cool (for a hot/humid night!).