Author Topic: How You Doing 2011?  (Read 150081 times)

igotmylegend

Re: How You Doing 2011?
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2011, 10:56:56 pm »
I think you need to look at the facts here, not what you herd or think you know what your talking about. My attitude comes from people like you who instead of telling people good luck to what every you chose to do, no you get on your soap box and preach about the only thing YOU know about, dirt, that's fine but don't come on a forum and talk about what you HERD. The only thing bad I hear about dirt is how one or two people out there would rather wreck you then race with you. Every time I came out there it was the same person doing the same sh1t.
 Now lets look at the facts, I ran dirt last year, how many times did you run asphalt????  I came out to Beverdam 4 times this year, how many times did you come to Madison????  The pic you see on the first page is on a restart when Jeff's car stumbled and Steve ran in to his left rear.  Now the car kicking thing was a little funny, but  they both drove away. I have no idea what Mark is talking about I think he came out to run with us 3 or 4 times and had motor problems 2 or 3 times. Now is some beating and banging, yes sir. But when someone feels that sh1t is getting out of hand and they want to try something different and you come on here and say that asphalt is no different and all you go by is what you HERD save it. Were all big boys out here, and if he want to come run out here bring it and let him make up his own mind.
And Jim one last thing why don't you go back and look at some of your posts, trashing people and companies that  you don't agree with  is no way to bring the car count up.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »
I preach about nothing, as I am not a man of the cloth. If anybody is on a soap box here, it's you Vince. I'm not lashing out at specific people, nor telling people what can be said and what can't be said in regards to anything, I simply told Brian to talk to Asphalt racers...maybe he will talk to you, maybe not.

I will try to address your points/questions in order:
I, as stated previously concerning asphalt racing, stated "that is what I've been told". If only first hand facts are allowed on any forum, there would be none.
I never claimed to "know what I'm talking about" when it concerns asphalt. Go on through and review my posts over the last 4 years, I plainly state I know nothing of asphalt racing, I can only go by what is said on forums, and what is told to me.
You are correct about the dirt problem, everyone knows who it is.
As I stated, I never ran asphalt. Not this year, last year, the year before, the year before, thats well documented, I never claimed to.
I only sat in the stands once at Madison this year, how that concerns you, I still have no idea. I would rather be playing with my kids than watching others race. I guess in your mind that makes me less of a man...so be it.
You would have to talk to Mark about what he is talking about, as I only referred to his post in reference to mine.
I am confident Brian will come out there and "bring it", thats not a question. Some good natured ribbing between a couple fellow racers and friends should not elicit such a reaction from you. I apologize for that. I will be sure to talk to Brian only through emails and telephone calls from here on out.
Your last comment puzzles and irritates me. To my knowledge, I have never trashed a person or company here, so please give me the specific posts where I have trashed a person or a company...if for some reason I did, I will issue them a formal apology right here.

If you want to have a pissing match with yourself Vince, feel free. I have nothing else to say.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

igotmylegend

« Reply #227 on: August 25, 2011, 06:49:36 am »
I guess what got me on my soap box was when you said (same sh1t, they just have more money to throw around to fix their cars) and then you threw in from what I herd. Its not the same sh1t. If you did come out to Madison then you saw some good racing up front, not like at Beaverdam, that when you got up to a certain person you weren't sure if you were coming out on all 4, and that is the truth.
Now the bashing of certain things is what I was talking about with you. You think that everytime USLC makes a rule change its cause they want to make money, I don't think that it at all. Being in this car for over a year and running it full time this year there is not much tech nor is there any regards for the rules in both dirt or asphalt.

FFmedic

« Reply #228 on: August 25, 2011, 03:27:35 pm »
ok...... now back to our regulery scheduled thread theme......

Finished 5th at Dacotah Speedway last friday.  I went and changed everything on my car this week, almost back  to what I used to run, so hopefully that makes a difference for this fridays season ending race at Dacotah SPeedway.  I think I'm pretty much done racing till NAtls then.

Joe

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #229 on: August 25, 2011, 04:44:08 pm »
I've also found that my car is getting better the closer it is to the old BFG set-up...too bad I'm not getting any better
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2011, 05:28:28 pm »
If this hurricane hits we will be racing boats this weekend. Things don't look good for racing that's for sure. Might stay home and keep my head down. Hell we had a earthquake the other day so maybe its time to move.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline Openwheeler37

• Grant Greenfield Racing
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »
I've also found that my car is getting better the closer it is to the old BFG set-up

Same here!
Racing is a matter of spirit not strength

www.greenfieldracing37.piczo.com

You see that?....That just happened!

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2011, 06:38:42 pm »
my car is way to tight with the BFG set up on it. It will NOT turn at all so I had to free it up a bunch but I do have some stagger in it also.

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2011, 07:27:19 pm »
If this hurricane hits we will be racing boats this weekend. Things don't look good for racing that's for sure. Might stay home and keep my head down. Hell we had a earthquake the other day so maybe its time to move.

Scott

Take care.
Don't move to Wisconsin unless you like a 4 month long SpringSummerFall and an 8 month winter!  :D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline ethan54

« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2011, 02:47:02 am »
Raced in Tipton tonight. Had the winning car, was all over Eric running 2nd but had the top end oiler fitting back out with 4 to go, so DNF'd...
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #235 on: August 27, 2011, 03:46:19 am »
 Wife had the night off. Wanted to take a ride on the Harley.  Put the 2 up seat on the Street Glide, rode to my warehouse then to the race track.  Talked to a few fellers through the pit fence while the races were goin' on. Sold one of my 1200's and prolly one set of pinned cams. Sounds like I have interest in my chassis too. (That's cool)
 Hearing a ton of negetivity about my techno and set-up advice. Kinda bothered me so we rode home.  Pulled the scoot up on a bike lift and shut off the shop lights after raising the lift. Walked into the house and Wanda said I look 6 months pregnant. I said " Yes, give out advice when asked and then get shot down, the stress made my colon swell". Dang cancer.... Have been bleeding for the past 3 hours but the swelling has gone down. I won't delete this user account and my posts this time because I think I am going to die. We found the source a few days ago.

That is how The Gimpster is doing in 2011, not racing ... catch ya later. Going to try catch some sleep
 (Where the heck is Steve ?)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2011, 01:26:17 am »
Had a pretty good night. Started 4th in my heat, had the lead by the end of lap one, and spun myself out of it by lap 4...finished 7th.
Started the main 13th, and worked my way up to 5th, lost the spot while overcoming a lapped car, finished 6th.
I'm happy with it  :)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline ethan54

« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2011, 06:16:13 pm »
4th in Beaver Dam. Tightened the car up a little too much for the feature.
Ethan Ross
Ross Brothers Racing #54

Hoopy_boy

« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2011, 10:10:13 pm »
 The racer I borrowed my gears to finished 2nd tonight @ Nodak Speedway

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #239 on: September 03, 2011, 09:40:24 pm »
Got put into the wall with 4 to go. Finished last in a field of 21