Author Topic: Next Years Dirt Nationals?  (Read 8505 times)

Offline IraceLegends77

Next Years Dirt Nationals?
« on: December 09, 2010, 04:11:21 pm »
I know that it is early but I had so much fun this year. Well, most of the time anyway. I heard a people talking about Beaver Dam is that a possibility?

Scott

Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Next Years Dirt Nationals?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:32 pm »
That would be great logistically for 30% of the people that went to Missouri this year, but I just cant see it happening. Wisconsin in October can be nice, or real ugly.
If they would take my suggestion and move Nationals up a few weeks and have it be a double points race, it could be anywhere in the country at the end of September, and it'd be a guaranteed double in car count too.
But Hell, what do I know
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 05:47:47 pm »
I would say I-55 Speedway near St. Louis.  It has nothing to do with the fact that it is only 1/2 hour from my house.   ;)   

Are there any good dirt tracks in Indiana that run legends cars?  It is still towards the middle of the U.S. and far enough south that the weather should be OK in October.  Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO is an amazing facility, but not sure about having it in Missouri 2 years in a row (and at a non-legends track). 

Gimpster

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 12:30:23 pm »
 Mn dealer Tim Broclhouse has a post on facebook where he is trying to get the Dirt Nats in Elco MN....

Steve -

I have not been able to log in until this morning finally. I had to do it with an old password.  Looks like my account had an attempted hack. I'm going into change my password in a minute.  Last 2 days trying to log on It only said I was out of tries for the day.... my account didn't exist.... screen popped up for resetting my password but when I submitted a password change it would pop up once again that I was out of tries for the day once again. That is when I emailed you last night. I read your email responce to me and attempted to log on here. It took 3 attempts with old passwords and I finally was able to log on. Looks like I finally have it covered. Evidently someone was trying to log on as me and failed. If it happens again I will contact Tom at the admin. I won't worry about it for now. Thanks my friend

----- Gimpster -----

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 12:33:32 pm »
Yeah, Minnesota in October...that'd be colder than Wisconsin!
I say New Mexico, its nice and toasty there, and Im friggin' cold right now
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Gimpster

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 03:29:21 pm »
 Haha... The cold. Here in ND we are supposed to get in sub zero temps this weekend.
Actually the beginning of October around here isn't cold. The jet stream normally keeps the warm temps up here and it curves down over Wisconsin way bringing with colder northern air.  WAIT !! I'm not a weatherman.... lol

----- Gimpster ------

Offline JC38

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 10:35:15 am »
The guys in New Mexico are wanting it there next year. Actually i think there trying for EL Paso. The guy that owns the tracks in El Paso and Las cruses NM is all for it.  But i heard that Darrell told them that its to far south to go... Im all for going down there and Im from Missouri, we go down and race at las Cruses twice a year and its a blast.
Justin Comer #38

Gimpster

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 12:29:07 pm »
 I hear that Colorado National Speedway is supposed to be locked in as hosting the Dirt Nats

----- Gimpster -----

Offline NJRacer510

• Team 510 Racing
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 06:30:29 pm »
Colorado National Speedway is possibly the host of the 2011 Asphalt Nationals, not the dirt nationals. It is a 3/8 mile asphalt track and very fast from what I have been told.

I think what they should do to try promoting the nationals more is do something like the asphalt modifieds do it with the North/South Shootout but instead make it the EAST/WEST Legends Battle. Instead of having just one National race for each the dirt and asphalt racing make it a series of sorts. Towards the end of the year Inex should host a National Qualifier event in both the East and West.  But locate them so it is a reasonable driving for people throughout the country located east, west, and central. After both East and West events are held for both dirt and asphalt a month or so later have a combined National East/West Battle where the winners of the other events are locked in. When it is all said and done you will have East winners, West winners, and National winners. Now this would give people the opportunity to run a big event without breaking the wallet with travel. It would then be up to you if you would run one, two, or even all three events.

Doing something like this would also be a great marketing deal with USLC with advertising, tv coverage, and even more if they did it the right way. They could also do a bonus where if you win say the East & National or West & National Event you get a $750 bonus, If you want to travel and win  all three you get a $1,500 bonus.

I don't know maybe I am way off with this idea but I just think it would be something different or cool to try bringing in more cars.

Todd
TODD McCOLLUM #m1
www.TEAM510RACING.com

Gimpster

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »
 LOL sory... misunder Brockhouse on facebook and misunderstood it for the dirt nats.  During the same conversation with Tim on facebook, I mentioned splitting the US into 4 seperate divisions for the nationals simular to and for the same reasons you suggest east and west split

----- Gimpster -----