Author Topic: Best full containment seat for a legends??  (Read 9488 times)

Offline slack11

Best full containment seat for a legends??
« on: November 28, 2010, 03:19:33 pm »
Bought my legend, and started to put a new seat in it that'll fit me.  I was going to use my full containment Kirkey seat from my old race car, but it is  a 53 series seat, that is ribbed throughout the back, and when I put it in the Legends it won't really work.the 4 mounting points in the legends don't line up well, and the ribs in the back are gonna make it difficult to bolt to the back without some sort of spacer to fill the gaps with the ribs.  I would hate to back into a wall, and have one of those spacers come through the back of the seat....  In addition, this seat states in the directions that the head halo piece must be braced back to the rollcage, and honestly I would hate to start welding tabs off the rollcage of this..... I weighed the seat out of the legends, it was 18 lbs.... my full containment seat weighed around 30......

What are most people using for a full containment type seat in these?  I am 6'3" so space is always an issue.  What have you guys used, and what seems to bolt up well to the mounting points already in the frame?  Do most of the newer full containment seats require that the halo is braced back to the rollcage, or is it part of the seat now, so I can avoid having to weld to the rollcage?  Was gonna start calling companies tomorrow, but I thought this might be a better way to get info.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Best full containment seat for a legends??
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 04:21:07 pm »
Get ahold of Grant Greenfield (openwheeler37).
He's got probably the most enclosed seat I've ever seen in one of these cars
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/