Author Topic: Dirt tires  (Read 24751 times)

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
Re: Dirt tires
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 04:02:26 pm »
JC,
You'll be lucky if INEX gives you 10 minutes notice before your first race that they have chosen a tire. That's how little they care about the dirt track racers.
Again, MHO from following the rule changes the past 3 years.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline JC38

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 05:00:54 pm »
oh i know it. but its still fun to give them a ear full about it!
Justin Comer #38

igotmylegend

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 07:51:32 pm »
I`m making my call, i want a tire that`s ment for dirt. i think it will make these car more fun to drive.

Gimpster

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 12:52:24 am »
Not only fun, I look at it as safety factor.... better control

- G -

Offline Legend 12

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 05:54:09 pm »
well, guys just ran the fall nationals in las cruces and those guys said D. Krentz told them not to buy any federals because they were working on something else. i thought that was nice since i was told about 2 months ago the federal was for sure it. i'm sorry but 600's management is the worst run organization i have ever been associated with. again sorry to inex personnel (this is not a personnel attack on anyone at inex) cause its seems like no one at the top can give any direction to the ones down below who have direct contact with the dealers and racers. its funny to me how being a dealer i have to get the information from other drivers about whats going on with the legend racing. it should be the other way around where your dealer is informing his(or her) drivers/owners about any rule changes or equipment upgrade. unfortunately i can only check the inex website for news because i have never recieved anything from inex. you guys think inex might be trying to tell me i'm not worthy lol. inex has a hoosier dirt tire as i'm sure everyone knows but they have no way to police where inex is the only place you can buy it. thats what its all about. what does inex think guys with this new car will do? go to inex for tires when they can save a dollar and buy from hoosier? they are scared inex will miss out on a buck or two. so instead of giving the dirt legend racer a dirt tire and make all happy, lets build a new $20,000  car and say look what were doing for you; here's your dirt tired race car. not sure bout you guys but i love racing legends on dirt and as much as i cuss inex sometimes i still say thank you for giving a an affordable way to race with the same quipment as everyone else.

as for the federals, i did  run them at the nationals, but i did not run the beadlock. i could not get the air to stay in them for a 20 lap saturday night feature so i didn't take the chance. the only guys who did not have a problem is the ones who bought new beadlock wheels, seemed to hold air then but not sure how long it will last. i did tell Krentz and Reinhart about the issue, but i feel like it goes in one ear and out the other. maybe if my name was Hair, they would listen who knows. damn now i'm venting sorry guys. i'm shutting up now. have  a great and fast winter guys , i would invite you all to Springfield for the Turkey Classic but something tells me no one would come lol jk. i hope to see you guys sometime next year somewhere at a dirt track on dirt tires. thanks for letting a poor dealer from MO vent.       

Dave

Offline 01MRMTransAm

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 07:46:09 pm »
Dave, I heard the same down there. It was a lot of fun getting to run with all of you guys, never really introduced myself, I did talk to Mr. Harris some though. It was an awesome time, my first time ever on dirt, and I can't wait to go back.

Justin Weber (I was the yellow and black 08 car)