LEGENDS > Brakes

Aluminum Brake Master Cylinder

(1/3) > >>

Racinjj:
Does anyone know what make model and year the aluminum brake master cylinder is or is that an aftermarket piece?

VMS Motorsports:
Brake or clutch?
Rule book says nothing aftermarket allowed (of course), but I wouldn't think an aluminum master cylinder was "as currently delivered by U.S. Legend Cars International."
 I stock brake master cylinders, and am in the process of sourcing the clutch master cylinder, should have them in the next week.

justfreaky:
Brake master cylinders came from VW Beattle (72?) (not super beattle) and Dodge Colt (not sure of year).
Sorry! All the information I have.

Steve

Racinjj:
I am talking about brake master, sorry I left that out.  I know the cast iron unit is the 72 beetle but they allow an aluminum master.  Is that the dodge colt?  Anyone else have more info on that?  I had one on a car I bought and want another one since its a couple pounds lighter.

VMS Motorsports:
"Mr. Bucher,

Originally the Legends Car did come with an aluminum master cylinder (with the reservoir mounted on top of it). That master cylinder is still considered legal for use at INEX sanctioned events.
Your best bet will be to call the parts department at US Legend Cars International (704) 455-3896, to check and see if the one you have is the same as the one they used in production.

Sincerely,
Scott Reinhardt
(INEX National Tech Director) "

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version