Author Topic: Information on Dirt Nationals  (Read 109330 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: Information on Dirt Nationals
« Reply #150 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:18 pm »
...as long as they only allow you to vote once. I bet you'd take a week off of work and just keep voting for anywhere in the NorthEast
 ;D
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline fasass47

« Reply #151 on: October 21, 2010, 10:28:51 pm »
northeast is good for me too .I vote twice once before work once after work after all we are the greatest dirt racers

Offline JC38

« Reply #152 on: October 21, 2010, 10:30:06 pm »
A tacky track does make for a better and sometimes faster race. but in the midwest this is what ya get. a rubbered up dry slick track. i understand inex puts in the rulebook you can run mirrors, i think its stupid. you dont see latemodel and modifieds or sprintcars running mirrors. Why do we? I think next year at Nationals were ever that may be. we need to vote and everyone say no to mirrors. Because mark my word. at nationals next year if we do run mirors and i can tell someone is mirror driving me.  I will move them! i hate the mirrors and think its chicken s-it to run them on a dirt track especally!
Justin Comer #38

Offline fasass47

« Reply #153 on: October 21, 2010, 10:37:24 pm »
here in the northeast we dont run mirrors on dirt neither they are pretty boys

Offline JC38

« Reply #154 on: October 21, 2010, 10:44:38 pm »
I hear ya there!
Justin Comer #38

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #155 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
A tacky track does make for a better and sometimes faster race. but in the midwest this is what ya get. a rubbered up dry slick track. i understand inex puts in the rulebook you can run mirrors, i think its stupid. you dont see latemodel and modifieds or sprintcars running mirrors. Why do we? I think next year at Nationals were ever that may be. we need to vote and everyone say no to mirrors. Because mark my word. at nationals next year if we do run mirors and i can tell someone is mirror driving me.  I will move them! i hate the mirrors and think its chicken s-it to run them on a dirt track especally!

Depends on what you call the "midwest". I'm not a fan of mirrors myself either, never used them, but really don't have a problem with others using them either. They're illegal at Beaver Dam, so I don't need to worry about it. If someone is looking in their mirror, I just think its more opportunity for them to mess up since they looking where they've been, not where they're going.
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Gimpster

« Reply #156 on: October 22, 2010, 12:47:48 am »
northeast is good for me too .I vote twice once before work once after work after all we are the greatest dirt racers

Steve  -

I will refrain from starting anything deriving from that last comment about greatest dirt drivers, although I prefer too....

~ The Gimpster ~

Gimpster

« Reply #157 on: October 22, 2010, 01:03:29 am »

Steve -

I am not a pretty boy but I do run one round mirror (2") on each A pillar pointing down and back at my rear tires
in 2003 I got tired of climbing over other racer's front wheel tearing out my rear ends not knowing the cars were there. 
You guessed it, I can't hear cars on my left side as I am def in that ear from hot welding slag burning my eardrum in the late 80's
They also OK'd my small mirrors in my sprint car as with that hearing loss I cannot judge the sound of a car on eather side of me with a helmet on.
This be the reason I am for the mirror rule on dirt
Why is this feller taking cheap shots at us ?? saying I am no good at driving dirt and am a pretty boy for using  mirrors... geezuz man ? they are a safety factor for open wheels

Gimpster

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #158 on: October 22, 2010, 05:59:08 am »
I understand the reason that a lot f dirt tracks don't allow mirrors. And, I do agree that they can be more of a distraction that a help. I ran paved tracks and never used the mirror even though it was required. In the case of a hearing impairment, I do see where it could be helpful. For drivers that do use a mirror, I don't think most give them more than a quick glance. Now if a driver was using the mirror to put on makeup...  ??? Perhaps they should ban fingernail files also.  :P

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
« Reply #159 on: October 22, 2010, 08:40:26 am »

Steve -

I am not a pretty boy but I do run one round mirror (2") on each A pillar pointing down and back at my rear tires
in 2003 I got tired of climbing over other racer's front wheel tearing out my rear ends not knowing the cars were there.  
You guessed it, I can't hear cars on my left side as I am def in that ear from hot welding slag burning my eardrum in the late 80's
They also OK'd my small mirrors in my sprint car as with that hearing loss I cannot judge the sound of a car on eather side of me with a helmet on.
This be the reason I am for the mirror rule on dirt
Why is this feller taking cheap shots at us ?? saying I am no good at driving dirt and am a pretty boy for using  mirrors... geezuz man ? they are a safety factor for open wheels

Gimpster

You are kinda Purdy Gimp, what with me always being partial to redheads and all  ;)
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
(262)255-7100

Offline IraceLegends77

« Reply #160 on: October 22, 2010, 09:32:35 am »
I use mirrors and think of them as a safety factor. If I need to slide up to the wall I can give a quick glance and do it BUT if someone is there than I can hold the car down and neither of us gets torn up. I have heard the excuse of blocking but I feel that blocking is a self correcting problem. If you chop me off the first time you might have gotten loose but the second time you WILL get loose. If a race director see someone blocking than a simple call on the ol' raceceiver should fix the problem. The rules say that we can use them unless the track says NO. In the case of the Nationals the track should not have a say in this. OK now you have opinion that I know that you where all waiting on pins and needles to get. Have a great weekend and start getting ready for next year. I have to deploy tomorrow so I will be out for a day or two until I get set up again. Peace

Scott
Scott Wilkerson #77   Vision Graphix Racing

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #161 on: October 22, 2010, 11:11:48 am »
I can't get past the welding slag in the ear.  I got a moth in my ear a few years ago and thought that it was bad.   It's Gimpster's fault if I start having welder nightmares. 

With the mirrors, that is one of those things that needs to be agreed between the track and INEX and on paper before cars start showing up. 

Gimpster

« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2010, 12:24:01 pm »

You are kinda Purdy Gimp, what with me always being partial to redheads and all  ;)

I was a little grouchy last night !
Hey, I resemble that redhead remark... blonde of the strawberry variety !!

~ Gimpster ~

Offline JC38

« Reply #163 on: October 22, 2010, 02:45:55 pm »
I guess i should of just said Missouri on the dry slick tracks, not the midwest.  and for the mirrors im just stating my opinion. i dont like them. there is a differents when its used for saftey. but 9 times out of 10. they will mirror drive you more then looking in to the mirror for saftey. as for somebody chopping ya in the corners. if the driver behind you hasent pulled to were you can see them. then thats your track your in front and the guy behind you has to figure out the best way to get around you with out taking you out. your driving your line and thats your race track. now if you pulled up next to the guy and he cuts down on you thats alot different. i think everybody on here knows what im talking about when it comes to the mirrors and people using them to block more then using them for saftey. If the guys that have them use them for saftey then ok great, all for them.
Justin Comer #38

Offline Legend 12

« Reply #164 on: October 22, 2010, 03:12:31 pm »
I used to want tacky tracks and mud flying sufaces too. I also used to wonder why drivers like Larry Phillips, Billy Moyer and Scott Bloomquist wanted black somewhat dry sufaces. Its so because anyone who has the least little bit of talent can throw a car around on a tacky gumball surface, but it will take good car control and set up to get one around on a black slick track. And those guys were some of the best at doin that. I love a tacky mash the gas track but if I can do it so can the rest cause I'm old. How can i pass someone then if we're all running the same groove? i hope somewhere there is a track that doesn't get black and stays tacky top to bottom without a bunch of sloosh at the bottom.