LEGENDS > Lubrication

Royal Purple Synthetic Motor Oil 20W-50

(1/3) > >>

DARK AGE 53:
When I do my son's car this is what I'll be going with, what' your choice?

T48:
We're using Valvoline VR1 20w-50 racing oil.  From Advance Auto it was around $3 qt. with tax.

elimn8u_43:
I use Royal Purple in 2 cars. I change after every three races. I even noticed a temperature drop of 25 degrees.

justfreaky:
I'm going with the Mobile 1 synthetic oil.
Royal Purple makes similar claims of cooling and wet clutch performance, and sounds good.
Valvoline makes a good product also.
Which ever product you choose, make sure it is compatable with the wet clutches in our engines.

Steve

DARK AGE 53:

--- Quote from: justfreaky on May 08, 2007, 10:13:41 am ---I'm going with the Mobile 1 synthetic oil.
Royal Purple makes similar claims of cooling and wet clutch performance, and sounds good.
Valvoline makes a good product also.
Which ever product you choose, make sure it is compatable with the wet clutches in our engines.

--- End quote ---

Steve,
This is getting little confusing, Valvoline doesn't make a full synthetic oil that is compatable with the wet clutch system. I called Valvoline and talked to a tech, he said to be compatable with the wet clutch sytem the bottle of oil should have the intitals JASO on it. I've searched the net and I didn't find any Mobil One full synthetic motorcycle oil, any links? Royal Purple has full synthetic motorcycle oil @ $12 a bottle :o, I'm looking into Lucas Synthetic Motorcycle Oil...$40 for a 6pak but I need to find out what shipping would from the west coast to Michigan.

Al

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version