Author Topic: Introduce Yourself BANDO Drivers  (Read 23163 times)

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
Re: Introduce Yourself BANDO Drivers
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2011, 02:12:51 am »
Hello Everyone,

My son has been racing 3 years now, I have been in racing all my life from go-karts to Legends and Bando's. Our first year was difficult because my son had never raced anything, So we got another car and I ran a season to learn how these cars work. We had raced in NC for 3 years and now were in Southern Cali. Hopefully we have a good season and meet great people like we did back in NC.  We have paid our dues on learning how these cars work and destroying them, So good look to everyone and remember its all about the kids having fun.

CP

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2011, 05:21:25 am »
CP,

Good to see that you finally got moved. Let us know how things are going this season.
Best of Luck!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline racenmom

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2011, 11:21:38 pm »
Hello. My son started in karting also. at seven though. we have recently bought a bando and he  loves it. slower than the karts was the only draw back for him. if had to choose between the 2 bando is the way to go. good luck to your little guy!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2011, 04:36:33 am »
Racenmom,

Welcome to LegendsRacer!
Tell us a bit more... Where does your son race?

Steve

Offline Plumcrazy

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 01:32:33 am »
My name is Adam and my oldest driver is Ryan.  He just turned 11 and we've raced the Bando 4 times.  He drove a Bando a couple of years ago at the school in Charlotte and we were hoping there would be more involvement up here (Maryland).  He has been racing quarter midgets for 5 years and we have had some success making 4 A mains in 6 tries at the Grands Nationals.  Old Dominion Speedway in northern Virginia is our home Bando track.  There are 11 races on the schedule this year.  We have only had 2 races this year due to weather, but both were 11 car fields.  My little guy is just 6 and is racing quarter midgets now and we hope to move him to the Bando late next year or beginning in 2013.

What a ton of fun we are having!  We had a great time at Rockingham despite not being especially good at right turns.  Hehe.  Very nice people there.  I am a little behind the 8 ball on set up and some of the motor stuff and will be more than happy to pick everyone's mind.  Ryan is running the car hard but it's a big track here and he has to find the best way around it.  In the meantime, I'll keep pecking away at setup a motor stuff.  We have a gear rule this year and a red plate.  The cars at our track don't run the motors particularly hard (~4800 - 5000 rpm).  From what i understand that is particularly unique as most things I've read at the smaller tracks have the car up on the chip.

Anyway, I am sure Ryan will jump in here and we're looking forward to chatting with folks and checking out new places to run!

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 01:38:16 am »
Hi Adam,

Look forward to hearing about Ryan's progress this season.
The restrictor plate and gear rule sound like a tough combination. Going to be more about set up and driver.

Best Of Luck,

Steve

Offline Bowen motorsports 19

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:37 pm »
Hi I'm Cameron and I race bandos in virgina and north Carolina

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 11:56:20 pm »
Hi Cameron,

Welcome to legendsracer!!!

We have a great bunch of folks here. Feel free to post questions or reponses. Please take time to fill out your profile and introduce yourself. We always like to get to know our new members. If you have any questions about the site, or threads, please don't hesitate to message me.

Regards,

Steve