Author Topic: engine cooling  (Read 7611 times)

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
engine cooling
« on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:32 am »
My engine and others I have seen(as dilivered from INEX) have   parts missing from  the blower housing, such as cover plates at top of blower housing next to carb.  Briggs send these engines to INEX with these parts attached, they keep air from escaping the housing forcing it around the head, coolling the engine.  Also there is a cover that mounts on the blower housing under the carb to keep air  in the housing.  These are Briggs OEM parts.  Why did they remove these parts that help cool engine.  We race in a very HOT  area of country(TEXAS) we need all the cooling we can get.  Why does INEX remove these parts and not reinstall, Why can't we replace these missing OEM parts   I Won't go into WHY we can't use the Briggs OIL  COOLER also supplied by Briggs.   Food for thought!  T. Worthy

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
Re: engine cooling
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:13:53 am »
40 views and NO replies! I had hoped for some reaction.   When talking to employees of INEX  or track officals has anyone heard the  expression"Maybe this series is not for you"  or "Just go out and have fun" I'm new to this series,but not to racing,I like the forums where ideas are freely expressed, without that exchange the forum can becomes staggnet. Don't be afraid to express your opinions.  It will make you fill good.   When someone  takes the time to reply and give their opinion and or ideas even if they don't agree with you ,the exchange is good for this forum.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 09:23:41 am »
Tim,

I don't know why these parts would be removed. That is an issue that you should take up with INEX, US Legends or perhaps your local tech person.
I would be interested to hear their response.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 11:48:13 am »
For those intrested, go to PAT SMALL ENGINES PARTS PLUS  OEM  LOOK UP--Briggs and Stratton  find your engine modle,  type and code number thats on your engine blower housing, this parts break down gives you all parts and pics, pn#s  for every part of engine( Blower housing and Shroud this is just for FYI the more you know about your car the better and  safer   racer you will become. Tim

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 05:49:31 pm »
FYI-- Emailed   G E  Chapman at 600 racing engine shop with  pn# of missing  stock OEM parts no answer as of yet, will post if I get a reply.   T worthy

Offline bandostuff.com

• BandoStuff.com
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:59 am »
If you are in need of the parts, I have them.  I have a couple of broken complete motors with all the tin.  I would be glad to fix you up with what you need. 
Ed
For all your Langacre & HANS needs-www.bandostuff.com

Offline T Worthy

• Chandler Ford
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 10:22:11 am »
So far not having a lot of engine problems,fixed fuel problem last week with help from friends, loosing vacume at higher RPM, fuel pump vacume line connected to carb, moved to valve cover, problem fixed.  Grandson ran up on slower car in the turn and got on the brakes and backed into wall!  Three days hard labor and ready for weekend.  I am looking for a rebuildable engine to send ot INEX this winter, what do you have? How much? PM me.    b.a.worthy@gmail.com  Thanks Tim Worthy

anything