Author Topic: Rejetting Carbs  (Read 8371 times)

Offline knuclebuster

Rejetting Carbs
« on: August 24, 2009, 09:03:23 am »
Hey Guys,
  Im looking for information on rejetting carbs on a new 1250.  Will rejetting make a noticeable difference in engine performance? Do most of you rejet?  What would be the typical cost and do you think the gain is worth the money?  What all is involved in rejetting?  What level of mechanical ability and tools is required to rejet?  Is it better to take carbs off car and send off to have done?  Is it necessary to resync carbs after installing jet kit? Any recommendations on where to purchase a good, reliable, jet kit.  Any info that you can share with me would be greatly appreciated. 

Knucklebuster

Sagermotorsports

Re: Rejetting Carbs
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 10:31:32 am »
KB,

Rejetting is crucial, these carbs new from the box run way too lean to be raced. This will cause excessive heat in the motor and severe loss of power. Go to REDLINE.com . the cost is $240.00. It is a pretty complicated process to rejett and he will sync your carbs for you. Just take the carbs off send them to him and depending where you live he will have them back within 4 days This guy is great with these carbs and will help you out with whatever you need ( no, I do not get commision :)  )

Brett

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 08:52:57 am »
Thanks Brett for the info.  I'll give the guy a call and talk to him about rejetting. 

KB

Offline Nugtrain

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:40:33 pm »
I am a totally new Legends racer, but I work at a shop where we have had them on our chassis dyno for power tuning. Jetting definitely is significant. If I recall I think they come with a #122 jet...they have been known to need #126-130 for our area and altitude etc. We use a modified collector with a bung and wideband O2 sensor to help zero it in. Without these things at your disposal it can be a real dicey process of trial and error. We also have the tool to balance them, not something many have...so yes sending them out is the solution for most people.

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 11:51:23 am »
Unless you have messed with carbs before, I would send them off.  The Redline kit is around $100 by itself, so probably worth it to have them do the work.  Also, Hank Scott can setup the carbs for you and he always does great work.  I did the Redline jet kit myself and it came with good instructions, but doing 4 carbs without screwing something up is difficult.     

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 01:05:29 pm »
Chris (Nugtrain) works for the 600 engine shop up in Canada.
This will be his first year to actually drive.

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

Offline knuclebuster

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 05:36:11 pm »
Hey Guys,
  I sent them to Redline.  Ive had them back for a while with no problems.  New jets definetly woke the car up some.
Ray was good to work with.  I took them off, sent them and recieved them back within the same week.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 05:38:50 pm »
I know this was an older thread. After chatting with Chris, thought it would be a good one to bring back up.
Thanks for the update!

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.

anything