Author Topic: oil  (Read 63800 times)

Offline BANDO19

oil
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:50:58 pm »
Does anyone know about the oil (LAT)lubeatech? is it any good ? I just read on it and it says it will gain 6% horsepower and tourqe ! have any of you used it?

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
Re: oil
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 08:29:20 pm »
we just switched to it about 6 races ago. I am pleased so far with the look of it after running it. also the blue color helps to locate oil leaks

Offline BANDO19

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 05:21:25 pm »
Have you seen a difference with it?

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 12:14:20 pm »
We ran a 100 lap race last month and  it was still the same as when i put it in, Plus i found every oil leak the motor had. The true test will be during our down time if it will not rust the motor. We ran a true racing oil last year and the dip stick would rust over a few weeks.  As far as a HP increase, not noticeable  on a short track.

Offline Magic Man

• Abracadabra Holmes!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 04:51:35 pm »
What weight are you running the LAT oil?  I am thinking of giving it a try and am curious as to what everyone is using?  Has anyone tried the Royal Purple?

Offline BANDO19

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:20:11 am »
i run the 0w20 in my bando motor and i think it works great and im in las vegas nv!

Offline GoneDirt

• Parker Power Sports
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 10:28:15 pm »
We ran the 0-20 for several races and now we are trying the 0-2

Offline apexvinyltx

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 10:51:29 pm »
Royal purple....used it in my FPrepared auto cross car and lost three motors in a row over four months.  Sure it is just an opinion-experience.  Changed oil on forth rebuild, no problems.  Oil had problem with sustained RPM's.  One mans experience. That's all.
Richard Tomlin
Houston
Apex Vinyl---yes, we do that.
   Apex auto works---that too.
SCCA-NASA-BMWCCA-24hours of Lemons
MSR-Houston

Offline Bando11Racing

• Bando 11 Racing Home Page
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »
The LAT oil is a very good oil. I used to run Royal Purple. A partner of mine in Vegas always ran the LAT.  This year we changed and you will find with the Bando motor that it will run cooler.  You can contact and talk directly to the engineer that makes the oil at LAT. His name is Danny Vaca and his phone number is 714-585-3247 or email at etracing1@aol.com  He will take the time to discuss your needs and make a recommendation on the best oil for your needs.  He will also understand the different "Weight" numbers as they are deceiving and do not compare between different brands.    Be sure to let him know that Bando11 racing from South Carolina referred you to him.

Offline Team Indy

• We are coming over from quarter midget racing
    • Facebook page link
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »
Royal purple....used it in my FPrepared auto cross car and lost three motors in a row over four months.  Sure it is just an opinion-experience.  Changed oil on forth rebuild, no problems.  Oil had problem with sustained RPM's.  One mans experience. That's all.

What was going bad in the motor? When I worked on Indy cars the Buick/Menard engines would not tolerate any synthetic oils, turns out the synthetic oil would just bounce off the valve springs too quickly and the plain oil would stick a bit to give a cooling effect in the valve springs.

Offline justfreaky

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2018, 03:49:58 pm »
This is a very old thread. I have not see this member on the site in 6 years.

As with all oils, everyone has their own experiences and opinions. Apparently, his was not a good experience with Royal Purple.

The great oil debate continues...

Steve
Better to be hated for who you are, Than to be loved for who you are not.