BANDOLEROS > Lubrication

oil

<< < (2/3) > >>

BANDO19:
i run the 0w20 in my bando motor and i think it works great and im in las vegas nv!

GoneDirt:
We ran the 0-20 for several races and now we are trying the 0-2

apexvinyltx:
Royal purple....used it in my FPrepared auto cross car and lost three motors in a row over four months.  Sure it is just an opinion-experience.  Changed oil on forth rebuild, no problems.  Oil had problem with sustained RPM's.  One mans experience. That's all.

Bando11Racing:
The LAT oil is a very good oil. I used to run Royal Purple. A partner of mine in Vegas always ran the LAT.  This year we changed and you will find with the Bando motor that it will run cooler.  You can contact and talk directly to the engineer that makes the oil at LAT. His name is Danny Vaca and his phone number is 714-585-3247 or email at etracing1@aol.com  He will take the time to discuss your needs and make a recommendation on the best oil for your needs.  He will also understand the different "Weight" numbers as they are deceiving and do not compare between different brands.    Be sure to let him know that Bando11 racing from South Carolina referred you to him.

Team Indy:

--- Quote from: apexvinyltx on March 27, 2011, 10:51:29 pm ---Royal purple....used it in my FPrepared auto cross car and lost three motors in a row over four months.  Sure it is just an opinion-experience.  Changed oil on forth rebuild, no problems.  Oil had problem with sustained RPM's.  One mans experience. That's all.

--- End quote ---

What was going bad in the motor? When I worked on Indy cars the Buick/Menard engines would not tolerate any synthetic oils, turns out the synthetic oil would just bounce off the valve springs too quickly and the plain oil would stick a bit to give a cooling effect in the valve springs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version