LEGENDS > Brakes

dual pedals or proration valve

<< < (3/3)

89tgreen:
Thanks steve. I've been all over the map with springs roll centers front weight rear steer toe bump etc. You name it and I've tried it. The rear brakes don't have temp in them at all after a run so I know there not set wrong or to tight. A lot of people are free in at Irwindale. I've gone as stiff as 325 in the right front, but then it won't turn in the middle even with rr spring or lf spring. If I had more lf brake it would be bad. I was just thinking of trying it. I run in the top 3 so I'm not far off. Just a thought. Thanks again tho steve.

VMS Motorsports:
Just food for thought, check your spring rates. I have a brand new USLC/600 racing/Vipercoil brand here marked 225 and it rates out at 220

justfreaky:
You could use the proportioning valve to the left front and use it to control the amount of push into the turn.
Middle of turn push: The cures are similar to the loose in condition. Tire stagger, tire pressure in right rear or cross weight seem to be the general culprit according to my books. If you are running in the top 3 and most of the others are loose on entry, then you may just have to live with a certain amount of that. If you use a proportioning valve to the left front, you may want to use the screw type (opposed to lever type) to more closely dial in the amount of push on entry. The lever type proportioning valve may be too much as they are preset amounts for each click.

Steve

89tgreen:
Your idea about not using the lever type bias is a good one. I didn't think about that. I was going to use the lever style to. Thanks for the ideas. Like I said I'm close but not there yet. Just trying to think out of the box u know. There is basically no banking and no straights so your on the edge into the corner and I just really feel it's a braking problem. I've changed the front calipers and tried staggering them and seemed like it was a good change. I will try the left front bias and let you guys know. Thanks again steve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version