Author Topic: 2010 Dirt Nationals  (Read 32920 times)

Offline VMS Motorsports

• Global Moderator
    • VMSmotorsports.com
Re: 2010 Dirt Nationals
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 08:38:32 pm »
It missed us in Wisconsin to the south, just had some flurries all day.
I finished heating my garage today...just need to finish insulating and I can be a faux-Canadian!
JIM BUCHER
VMS Motorsports
Worldwide Legends Parts Supplier
(262)255-7100
http://www.vmsmotorsports.com/

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2010, 12:25:13 am »
I need to get a decent heater for my partially insulated garage one of these days.  The best I can do is to keep it a few degrees above freezing.  We are in for a few inches of snow tomorrow.  Should make for a fun drive to work. 

Offline Vern Houseman

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2010, 06:01:26 am »
work in my garage most of sunday after moven snow around,Dam snow......we got 28 inches. but garage was a cozzy 60* lol nutten like a oil furnace   do like i did go to your local ac/heating guys and buy a good used oil furnace that someone took out to upgrade to a better on I paid like 100 bucks for mine its a 90.000  btu works great.
Vernon Houseman #20

Gimpster

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:28 pm »
 Past few years the snowfall in North Dakota has been kind of slim compared to previous years. I never left a path open to access my back 2 acres this year for pushing snow to. I have no more room to stack snow in my front 2 acres as of the last snow storm here. Snow snow snow... Heat wave today at 7 above.
 When I was working out of my home garage, insulated and finished roof and walls, I hung a shop Janitrol heater in one corner. Converted it from natural gas to propane. 2 100lb propane bottles outside.  Cost per month a few years ago to heat the garage was just shy of $400. I thought that was expensive. Now days in my business, I am on average monthly billing. You want to fall over... I could tell what I pay per month for a heat bill... hahaha

Keep warm !

----- Gimpster -----

Offline JGRacing

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 11:05:49 am »
My wife would shoot me if I spent that much to heat the garage.  Sounds like it would be cheaper to move South for the winter.   ;) 

Gimpster

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 11:31:39 am »
 That dollar amount is keeping the heater running in the garage all the time. Nibco heaters gas you out but heat quick, kerosine heaters normally do not put out enough volume (no fan) to warm up the garage from when you get off work, eat grub and finish working on your car. Might get your garage up to about 40 with one of those by time you shut down for the night. Best off to find an old trailer house and rob the heater out of it.  By the way, my heat bill for last month at my business was $1563.00
 Movin 'south ? I'm ready to GTFO North Dakota. Know any southern dealerships that need a top bike tech ??

----- Gimpster -----